• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    The second year that Patapsco State Park opened up the former Steiner property for bowhunting: I heard from a park ranger, that a female park ranger, that has her property bordering the Steiner property, had one of her horses shot an killed by a bow an arrow in a fenced-in field enclosure on her property. This was no hunting accident --- but a deliberate act --- where the perpetrator was not caught. The Steiner property, has a lot of horsemen that use the trails...not to many deer left though.

and ???

Are you implying that all hunters are bad and more legislation will fix this?

SilverFox

Feb 6, 2013
    Ok it is 1990, I am bow hunting and a cousin of the landowner is riding her horse and it did not see me in the tree till it was under me . it spooks and I am kicked off of the 350 acre farm I and my family have hunted for more than 18 years. God has a funny scene of humor though. I now hunt a Race horse breading farm with 10 + deer per acre . small 13 acres but the owner got Lyme disease and she is mad at me if I do not harvest a deer. Wants me to use a grenade launcher but I told her it was illegal and it ruins the meat.:party29:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Just saying "pony people " are all for sunday hunting!

aj ar.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ok it is 1990, I am bow hunting and a cousin of the landowner is riding her horse and it did not see me in the tree till it was under me . it spooks and I am kicked off of the 350 acre farm I and my family have hunted for more than 18 years. God has a funny scene of humor though. I now hunt a Race horse breading farm with 10 + deer per acre . small 13 acres but the owner got Lyme disease and she is mad at me if I do not harvest a deer. Wants me to use a grenade launcher but I told her it was illegal and it ruins the meat.:party29:

With the way the deer population is spreading/breeding and with the way the number of Lyme cases in increasing, they will be begging for hunting 8 days a week pretty soon. I had Lyme and it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I keep the grass short on my property and have very few bushes whatsoever. If I had the time, I would be in the backyard killing deer too and down the street on the farm I hunt killing them. The farm owner wants them dead too.

Just give it some time.

Oh, and regarding the shell casing requirement, is it a revenue generator for the state, kind of like the 5 cent a plastic bag is for Montgomery County, even though one is to save the children and the other is to save the Bay. If it is a net positive revenue wise, they won't kill it because they need every penny they can get in this state.

This state will not improve until it is completely broken. However, once in a while there is a tiny bit of brilliance, like the increase in the estate/inheritance tax exemption wherein most people's estates will not be subject to that BS after 2019.

Rant over. Time to get back to work.

Dec 31, 2012
    No...I'm just telling what the park ranger told me, and to give you a gist as to what these horse people might think about hunter's.

fair enough, sorry to imply otherwise

Maryland is for horses..........................................................asses

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I've yet to see anything other than hearsay in evidence against hunters in this debate. But this is Maryland so that doesn't matter

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I haven't even thought about the 'Horse People' issue for years. However, I used to hunt private property in Millersville 30 years ago....about 80 acres. Nearby were several horse owning neighbors with 2 or 3 acre lots. In other words, not enough land of their own to really ride. I had written permission to hunt this land (back when verbal would have sufficed) and they had no permission. Nvertheless, they rode all over this property along with the dirt biker kids and just people walking all over the property. It was a PITA and some of these people acted like I (and a couple other hunters) were the problem. One lady casitgated me for hunting there and when I asked her if she had permission to be there, she said yes. When I talked to the farmer, he said no...he generally didn't want ANY one on his land because of potential liability issues should they be hurt. Our Permisson slips explicitly absolved him of liability if we were injured so he seemed OK with that. Alas, some locals saw us out hunting and came on the property without permission and he told us to stop coming there. He was explicit that he wasn't unhappy with us...just the people who kept coming in without permission. We, of course, stopped hunting there. However, he still allowed us to fish his pond and from that I know for a fact horse people continued to tresspass as well as some 'hunters' , the dirt bikers, hikers, kids living nearby, etc...all without permisssion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom