• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Some people just have too much time on their hands. "Idle hands are tools of the devil." You need to take this lady and keep her busy. Put her in a round room and tell her to go pee in the corner.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Dated a horse chick once. Can confirm: they are bat shit crazy.

I was waiting for that comment. I second that emotion. But I would qualify it as "some are bat..."

I knew some very cool horse folk out west who taught me how to ride and care for horses.

njjr1989

May 29, 2017
    I would forgo hunting for a few days. Invite some friends over and set up a few targets in the woods on your property near where she performs her antics and have your friends enjoy some free style shooting. 3 or 4 guys with AR's should do the trick. What you want to do is make sure that they are close enough to where she is to bust here ear drums but far enough away to still be a legal to fire a gun. I'd get close as I could to her house and start at sunrise, which will really upset her.

She will most likely call the police, but as long as you are on your property and within the law, there is little she can do. You might even find a few police who agree with you.

Get an old car and remove the muffler. Start it early and around dinner time. Rev the hell out of it. Mount a loud speaker and play obnoxious music all day. I could go on and on but I cured a neighbor who was doing everything he could to irritate me by running a motorcycle with straight pipes early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. He came over to the fence and I explained the facts of life to him. Never had another problem nor conversation from him.

Christmas is coming. What a great day to irritate a neighbor. Play the music, run the engine and shoot the AR's. If you are not to far away, I will be glad to bring some AR's, a 30-06, 6.5 Creedmoor, and a few others. I will even supply the ammo. How about a few pistols also. The more the merrier.:bullhorn::bullhorn::bullhorn::bullhorn::bullhorn:

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Some sound advice. Stay away from this woman at all costs. Do not engage her under any circumstance. None, zip, nada. Set up somewhere else. If this is a small lot and easy to view, then bag the idea of hunting it.

If you fire anything in the direction her fence line, it'll be your word against hers. This is a person that can make any claims she wants whenever.

Any litigator worth their weight would tell you to move or stay clear of her......her experiences in the past gives her the willpower to basically not want you hunting so close to her property.

Best part is she knows early morn and evening is when her prized herd is out and about. With the new laws....she can claim anything.....then the fun begins when your toys are exited by LE.

It's just not worth it.....If I were in your shoes I'd find another location. She has the right to walk her property line. Good luck. Another you can't pick your neighbors story.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I would forgo hunting for a few days. Invite some friends over and set up a few targets in the woods on your property near where she performs her antics and have your friends enjoy some free style shooting. 3 or 4 guys with AR's should do the trick. What you want to do is make sure that they are close enough to where she is to bust here ear drums but far enough away to still be a legal to fire a gun. I'd get close as I could to her house and start at sunrise, which will really upset her.

She will most likely call the police, but as long as you are on your property and within the law, there is little she can do. You might even find a few police who agree with you.

Get an old car and remove the muffler. Start it early and around dinner time. Rev the hell out of it. Mount a loud speaker and play obnoxious music all day. I could go on and on but I cured a neighbor who was doing everything he could to irritate me by running a motorcycle with straight pipes early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. He came over to the fence and I explained the facts of life to him. Never had another problem nor conversation from him.

Christmas is coming. What a great day to irritate a neighbor. Play the music, run the engine and shoot the AR's. If you are not to far away, I will be glad to bring some AR's, a 30-06, 6.5 Creedmoor, and a few others. I will even supply the ammo. How about a few pistols also. The more the merrier.:bullhorn::bullhorn::bullhorn::bullhorn::bullhorn:

Bad idea. MD has state wide noise ordnance laws, which are measured at the property line.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I would go this route.
    There is absolutely nothing to be achieved by any kind of confrontation, friendly or otherwise.

(you do not have to be banging on pots and pans to be directly interfering with a legal hunt)

I would also consider figuring out a way to take advantage of her foolishness. Not sure how large your woodlot is, but if you can get deer to be drawn to a spot between her fence line and your stand site, she'd be spooking the deer towards you. Maybe a well placed feeder or something to that effect.

Can you use guns on your property? Next time she's out there, from as far away from her as you can get, take a shot into a tree stump. Afterwards yell through the woods "thank you!" and laugh. Make her think she scared a deer to you to kill. ;)

I absolutely agree with this idea. I have done it in the past and it works. A neighbor of a property I hunted thought he would be spoiler and started to play music loudly. Actually sent a deer right to me which I dropped with the old slug gun! Thanked him as I was pulling it out. He never did that again.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    GutPile, I will start a donation fund to buy you this, if you promise to wear it in your stand whenever she's around. :D

horse-mask_2_large.jpg

doc.morrison

Dec 2, 2011
    Frederick County, MD
    No trespassing signs

Augment your "No Trespassing" signs with a couple of these....

Growing up, my best buddy's family had a quarter section farm they hunted on, and visited almost weekly, weather permitting. It was heaven for this suburban boy.
    They posted boundaries, and Mike showed me a cheerful "NO..." sign that clearly read,
    "NO HUNTING OR
    TRESPASSING
    Violators will be shot.
    Survivors will be prosecuted."
    ....a '60s thing..... Now, you might be sued for pre-meditated humor.....

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Next time you see her out there go out like this and walk the property line where she can see you! Then run like crazy through the woods neighing the whole way! :lol2:

NC0FzxW.jpg

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Next time you see her out there go out like this and walk the property line where she can see you! Then run like crazy through the woods neighing the whole way! :lol2:

NC0FzxW.jpg

This with an amendment

Sit in the tree stand wearing this and make yourself known when you see her. (Make horse noises).

also a coyote call box near the property line as she walks past would be hilarious.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This with an amendment

Sit in the tree stand wearing this and make yourself known when you see her. (Make horse noises).

also a coyote call box near the property line as she walks past would be hilarious.
    I like the cut of your jib mister. :lol:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    If you moon her from your tree stand while wearing the mask and making horse noises. Or a donkey sound coming from a call box that is tripped by her walking by.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've been in a similar situation. Still am. I just live with it. Sometimes it pushes deer to me, sometimes it pushes them off. As long as she doesn't come onto my property, it is what it is.

In my case, I've become pretty friendly with them and the husband generally stays out of the woods when I'm out, and sometimes helps keep her out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    I've had a run in with my horse neighbors 1 time. My 20 acre field was just planted the day prior in beans it was Memorial Day weekend and they threw a party. About 10pm they decided to get their side by side (not a mule, but one of those sporty ones) and make laps around their property thru my field and around. Took em about 10-12 mins to make a lap and this went on for the better part of an hr. I'm sure there was adult beverages involved as they are the partying kind. I wasn't sure who it was at the time and didn't have their contact info so I had to look them up and it was indeed them. They said they didn't realize the field was planted and were sorry...doesn't matter, you don't own the field and didn't have permission to be there....I put up POSTED signs ASAP and haven't had an issue with them on my property since. They do have a trail that runs 15 ft behind my one stand. I put it up on the property line facing my field to hunt. So far luckily only on 2 occasions they have come thru riding their horses or side by side. As long as they stay on their property ain't much I can do. I may not like the fact of what or where they do crap, but it's their property, but stay off mine. Not sure what I'd do in a situation where they were purposely out to be a pain all the time.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Ohhhh I’m good at wasting government money and this is a waste of government money.

I heard a call over the radio the other day. A boss called 911 to do a welfare check on employee who called in sick fir the day.

#DickMove

you say that, but we had a no show for 2 days which was unlike him. Can't remember exactly, but boss got someone to go over and check on him and found him unresponsive and saved his life. so you never know ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom