• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Hello is anyone going to this on Saturday? If you have been there before how many people do they run through the course and are they pretty fast at getting people out on the course?

Thanks,

RetNavyHD

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Fuzzy will be there!! Oh- wait ---- just what kind of Rabbit shoot is this????

Attachments

• fuzgun 001.jpg
      fuzgun 001.jpg
      99.9 KB · Views: 149

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    "BUNNY SHOOT"
    April 6th and 7th
    50 Rabbit Targets
    Different course each day.
    $12.00
    Lewis Class $5.00
    50/50 Challenge shot & for fun only shooting available.
    Shooting from 9:00AM - 3:00 PM
    Kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch.
    Make Good Friday a great Friday and come out and have a blast!
    For more information call Cary Walsh @ 717-993-6524

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'll be up there with my group Saturday morning. I have no idea what to expect, this is the first time I've been there in 2 years.

I would imagine it's going to be fair sized amount of people in the morning since it's something completely different setup. I'm not expecting to be amazed, but it should be fun hopefully.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think we're going to try and get there right at 9, hopefully the congestion with every squad will get loosened up a bit by the time we get situated.

I think for something like this they will have a dedicated trapper at every station, it gets really slow when you are assigned a trapper that goes with your group to every station, especially when squads are backed up waiting for available trappers.

I much rather just pull your own, but they have a lot of manual traps there they setup from what I remember in their sporting clay. I'm curious how many stations will be setup.

It'll be interested nonetheless.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Had a good time at the shoot, they had alot of speed on some of those rabbits with a short window. Some of the guys in my squad couldn't even get a shot off sometimes due to the windows or if they did the rabbit was long gone.

Hope you had a good time as well, will they post the scores on their website?

RetNavyHD

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Don't expect much on their website. They really just created a decent website this year and they still don't update it much. I can honestly say that today was the first time that I ever saw a flying rabbit. The one station had a looper target that got about 30 feet off the ground!

Lots of challenging, fast targets, but there were also several "gimme" stations that made up for it. The trapper situation is a bit of a problem. I felt like it would go smoother if they had dedicated trappers at each station instead of having them move with the squad. I realize they do it this way so that the kids get their tips, but it isn't a very efficient system.

It was kind of funny to see so many carts on such a small course. I guess if you have paid the money for one, you are going to use it every chance you get!

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    I've seen the flying rabbit many times....I've also seen ranges throw rabbit targets off of a trampoline which was fun to shoot. The targets were fun as I enjoyed them...seen alot of unhappy faces!

That was my first time there yesterday takes me just over an hour to get there from the house. Would probably be better with trappers at all stations but I also understand about the tips for the kids. Better to have them there then running the streets I guess.

Overall not bad may shoot a 3 bird shoot there sometime this year if I can squeeze it into my schedule.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    (As I've mentioned before) Thursday night 5-stand is fun, inexpensive and usually well attended. It helps that its a pleasant 20 minute drive for me. Like their course, most of the target are relatively close and tricky. Their burgers and fries are as good as you'll find anywhere, and they usually have a tasty dessert available.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    It's a little far for me to travel for a Thursday....I go to Oxford on Tuesday evenings and shoot their 5-stand and they have some great food and heck of a variety to choose from.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Not sure who is selling it but I do remember them reclaiming the shot. I'm heading there tonite if all goes well and see if I can find anything out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom