• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So you think that juice is worth the squeeze? No way.

Maryland will hang you if you went outside armed to confront someone breaking into your car.
    I'll say it right here first before the shit starts, you cannot put yourself into a situation where you will need to use deadly force. That's dumb.
    Now que who will say that other states allow deadly force to protect property. This is not The Castle Doctrine.

I had this same exact scenario happen to me some years back. Dog alerted to the window from my upstairs bedroom about 3 am. Looked down, saw the guy just about get to my car. I yelled a few words, bleached him with a bright ass thrower of a flashlight I had and he ran away. I didn't kill anyone that night and I am alive to keep on getting fat. I'll take it.

Now call me anti 2A, tell me I am not a Veteran, or I have BGOS, and that I don't know what I'm talking about LOL

Let's get readyyyyyyyy tooooooooo braaaaavadooooooooo! :)

Kair350

"Send Me"
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2016
    Harford County MD
    First thing i did was google the county found it was i Georgia. I wish him luck. You are correct that man in Maryland would be toast!

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Good legal point Blaster. Video was in Georgia not Maryland. I personally would not swing my AR outside the front door in Maryland.

Cross that threshold putting my family in a no escape position and now I’m in my legal right……

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Good legal point Blaster. Video was in Georgia not Maryland. I personally would not swing my AR outside the front door in Maryland.

Cross that threshold putting my family in a no escape position and now I’m in my legal right……

So here's the thing, since you mention escape. Say this is a ruse, gets your attention to the front, and the bonus you actually go outside, they invade from the rear and you just got your family killed.
    But hey, your BMW didn't get stolen.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Looks like the invaders picked the wrong house. Veteran used his AR.

******Yea.... That story would absolutely not be played like that in MoCo. Also, the perps got away with a gun he had in his truck that he presumably had outside - story didn't say if it was locked up somehow in his truck, sitting on the seat, or whatever. Either way, another gun out on the streets that was stolen from its owner and could presumably be used in other crimes, or to shoot up a Nunnery full of nuns in habits walking with baby strollers out on the streets on their way to a bar or strip club, etc..

I'm glad the guy wasn't hurt but he put himself into a situation where things could have gone really really badly for him by going outside to confront an unknown number of people, at least one of whom was armed, etc..

Yell at them, call the cops, shine a light on them, fart in their general direction, and obviously keep an eye out for someone breaking into your home which could at least somewhat justify the use of deadly force and being left with fewer choices, etc...

Out in the open like that, with better options available staying in the home and waiting while the cops show up is probably a better option in most cases I would think.

Bah, mebbe I need to take the (guaranteed) to make you John Wick class soon to be offered for those interested in the W&C class with the optional JW option for a bit more $$$. Otherwise, I'm staying in my home like a frightened little kitten, but holding my gun in one hand, and my firearm in the other! :innocent6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom