• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Friend returning last night from a day of fishing, note right most pole, he snagged a bat.

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpeg
      IMG_0371.jpeg
      397.8 KB · Views: 201

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Friend returning last night from a day of fishing, note right most pole, he snagged a bat.
    Amazing, and I can see how that could happen.
    It's a good thing that your friend went ahead and released it unharmed. One could probably get in trouble for harming a protected species. Bummer that there is no picture of it flying off. But that would sure be a hard picture to take.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    True story
    Years ago a bunch of us were fishing off the Beckleysville Bridge at Prettyboy trying to catch crappies. Once it was dark,I starthed casting a Jitterbug near the shore. Something hit the lure on back to back casts ,but didnt hook up. I reeled up to make another cast and could hear a squeaking noise and realized a bat was stuck on the hooks. The other guys were laughing their butts off. One guy ask what what was I going to do now. I said Im going fishing and cast it back out. Almost instantly I hooked into something. I wish I could say I caught a monster bass, but it turned out to be a 12 inch smallmouth. The bat was gone or I would have cast it back again.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When I was a kid I played in the woods across from our house all the time. One day my Mother was out somewhere and , as usual, I was playing in the woods. I found a bat on the ground that must have fallen out of a tree. So I grabbed it and took it home. We had an old bird cage in the attic so I put my bat in there and pu the cage on the coffee table in the living room. I covered the cage witha towel so I could surprise my Mother when she got home. She was surprised and so was I when she made me take it back to the woods. I put it down wwhere I found it and in crawled over to the tree and started climbing up. I've loved bats ever since then.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    We had one in our house when I was in high school. Heard this little squeak when I was getting ready for school and tried to figure out where it was coming from. Went up the stairs and it stopped. *shrug....go back downstairs* A minute or two later, hear the same squeak again and this time, the cat went up the stairs with me and was staring at the curtain. I get to the top of the steps and the squeaking stops, but I check out what the hell the cat is staring at on the curtain. Was a bat.....just hanging out. I went and got a shirt from the hamper in my room and went back to the stairs. It was about that time that my dad, who was still in bed, yells "Is that one of those damned animals with a squeaky toy?" I said back, "No.... it's just a bat. I got it." This when my mom decided to walk out of the bathroom right where I was catching the bat. She said, "Are you serious?!" I told her yes and she ran back into the bathroom and shut the door.:rolleye12 Caught the bat in my shirt and just waled him out to the back door and let him go.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We had one in our house when I was in high school. Heard this little squeak when I was getting ready for school and tried to figure out where it was coming from. Went up the stairs and it stopped. *shrug....go back downstairs* A minute or two later, hear the same squeak again and this time, the cat went up the stairs with me and was staring at the curtain. I get to the top of the steps and the squeaking stops, but I check out what the hell the cat is staring at on the curtain. Was a bat.....just hanging out. I went and got a shirt from the hamper in my room and went back to the stairs. It was about that time that my dad, who was still in bed, yells "Is that one of those damned animals with a squeaky toy?" I said back, "No.... it's just a bat. I got it." This when my mom decided to walk out of the bathroom right where I was catching the bat. She said, "Are you serious?!" I told her yes and she ran back into the bathroom and shut the door.:rolleye12 Caught the bat in my shirt and just waled him out to the back door and let him go.
    You go, Batman!

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Found a bat when I was a kid. Read somewhere to keep them in a refrigerator since they like cool dark places. Friends mom was not a fan when she found said bat in her refrigerator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom