• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Go ahead and buy... you'll make it up in ammo prices to run through it. Guns are kinda like inkjet printers that way. ;)

If it was really like an ink jet guns would be $50 and the ammo would be locked to the manufacturer's gun. Or you can buy a case of ammo and get a free gun with it.

ryan2

Mar 18, 2020
    Buy it. I see the inflation is coming. The 2x4's price has almost doubled since last year at Home Depot. The government printed so much money for the stimulus bills and I doubt the price will ever come down

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    I say wait unless it is a necessity (like you have no ammo for your chosen carry gun or carbine)
    ---------------------------------------------
    I agree. I've been buying guns whenever I see the price looking reasonable. From time to time, some I'm considering go down in price, and I jump at the opportunity.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    If you want it,, have the funds,, buy it and dont look back

^---- You get what you can when you can. Don't listen to the FUDDs. Prices are going to be bad for a long time. On the advice to save the cash forget it. With a 2T stimulus and another 3T infrastructure bill on the way the dollar is devaluing and inflation will et the rest. Buy hard goods and a gun qualifies for that.

Towsonite

Jul 31, 2020
    Hi everyone!

During this crazy times of everything being out of stock and prices high, I'm debating whether it's better to hold off on buying the Ruger Mk IV Lite that on my wish list. They use to be around $500 now I see Grab-a-gun have them in stock for $650! So by time in add in transfer fee, etc. has me debating hold off on the purchase until things calm down. What are you thought?

If you want it, get it. Prices will remain high for the foreseeable future, and, even if still available, don't be shocked if they try to impose a tax on any semi-automatic like we have for SBR's. In any case, if you'd want anything bigger than an X round magazine for it, then buying the magazines before the gun may not be a bad idea. Imagine if our neighbors in any direction suddenly no longer have any magazine bigger than what we're stuck with.

Grandfathering is our word of the day and spite is their word for the foreseable future. I'm optimistic, but still cautious on what DC and Annapolis have in store.

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    Hi everyone!

During this crazy times of everything being out of stock and prices high, I'm debating whether it's better to hold off on buying the Ruger Mk IV Lite that on my wish list. They use to be around $500 now I see Grab-a-gun have them in stock for $650! So by time in add in transfer fee, etc. has me debating hold off on the purchase until things calm down. What are you thought?

Buy it while you still can...

things are not going to calm down unless/until the current usurpers in the whitehouse, house and senate are removed & replaced with the rightful winners #WeThePeople actually voted for.

IF that does not happen ANY firearm that takes a removable magazine is likely to be banned.

Stay involved and updated and support...

Firearms Policy Coalition:
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Gun Owners of America:
    https://www.gunowners.org/

NRA:
    https://www.nraila.org/

Absolute Proof of Unprecedented,
    Pre-Planned, Widespread, Systemic, Election Results Changing Election Fraud In 2020:
    https://michaeljlindell.com/

Mathematician: Joe Biden 2020 Election numbers IMPOSSIBLE
    https://rumble.com/vdc0hb-mathematician-election-numbers-dont-add-up.html

db32

Mar 7, 2020
    Hi everyone!

I also kind of want to buy that specific gun. Way I see it, it's one of the few guns that's definitely not going to get banned (10 round standard handgun that shoots 22), so it's something I'm waiting for to get cheap.

philmadxx

Jul 16, 2013
    I'm holding off on purchases...except for items I perceive that will be banned soon, and then only if they are within reason. I want a shockwave badly but I'm not paying double for it.

Phil

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    I'm holding off on purchases...except for items I perceive that will be banned soon, and then only if they are within reason. I want a shockwave badly but I'm not paying double for it.

Phil

fyi pistol grip only PGO, shotguns are on the ban shortlist too, if not by congress than by the ATF, by executive fiat...

As long as the usurpers in the whitehouse, house and senate are in charge it's not if it gets banned, its when...

The goal of the democrats is that we the people be legislated, disarmed, defenseless victims, with no effective means to remove & replace a tyrannical government...

"Mr & Mrs. America Turn Them All In" - Senator Dianne Feinstein

gotbob

Dec 19, 2014
    McHenry, MD
    I regretted waiting and finally found it (XDS 45.) A little more than I expected, if I had done it last year, but I am happy. And I have ammo for it which is always a hurdle now. Although it is getting cheaper to just throw the gun at them instead shooting. :)

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Hold off. The surge is getting a massive bump after Biden's speech.

The only thing I might recommend is purchasing a spare stripped AR pattern lower if you can find it (especially if you don't own any lowers or AR's). Prices are already skyrocketing on them, but if biden is somehow succesfull in his "assault weapons" ban, you'll be glad you did.

I would probably own 1/4 as many guns as I own if a Democrat wasn't threatening my rights every time I turn around.

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Inflation?

Buy it. I see the inflation is coming. The 2x4's price has almost doubled since last year at Home Depot. The government printed so much money for the stimulus bills and I doubt the price will ever come down

Yep - why do you think your house value and 401k is going up? Because the value of your money is going down. Poor Monetary Policy 101.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    Hi, Right now I've stopped buying everything that is over priced. I have a couple wish list firearms myself and will not buy them until the prices come way down. I have found what I feel are good and reasonable items in firearms and ammo. I read an article about the current economic conditions they were saying if people can just slow or hold off the industry will catch up.

Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    If you can afford it buy it. I’ve been to the range with several different calibers. I get the biggest smile plinking that Ruger.22.pistol. Can also get a rifle in same caliber. Ammo is lite. Great for buyout. Kids will love it. Do it.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    If it was really like an ink jet guns would be $50 and the ammo would be locked to the manufacturer's gun. Or you can buy a case of ammo and get a free gun with it.

You know what I mean right? By the time you've run a weapon's life of ammo through it the cost difference is nothing. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom