• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    I keep getting requests to 'donate' to Hogan. I wrote and told them that when he started looking after my 2nd Amendment Rights, as he said in his first campaign, THEN I might consider making a donation. One more RINO.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Todays Capital-Gazette Opinion section is a fluff piece titled "Governor could end up as President hogan"

https://www.capitalgazette.com/opinion/our_say/ac-ce-our-say-20190426-story.html

I know it's an opinion piece, but this looks like it came from a junior high newspaper.

Even many of his supporters will admit privately that they’d like to go a day without reading about his latest Twitter baloney, or the crock of hooey that drops so casually from his administration...

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I voted for Hogan twice, the second time only because there was absolutely no other choice.
    I will vote Trump over Hogan any day. I can't get that picture of Hogan grinning, surrounded by Moms Needing Action in their red shirts, while he signs away our rights!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I voted for Hogan twice, the second time only because there was absolutely no other choice.
    I will vote Trump over Hogan any day. I can't get that picture of Hogan grinning, surrounded by Moms Needing Action in their red shirts, while he signs away our rights!

That's about the size of it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    He is an unknown quantity.

Well, we KNOW that Hogan won’t do squat for us, and WILL sign any piece of antigun nonsense that makes it to his desk...

So at this point, an “unknown” quantity might be an improvement.

It certainly wouldn’t be any worse than what we have now.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Well, we KNOW that Hogan won’t do squat for us, and WILL sign any piece of antigun nonsense that makes it to his desk...

So at this point, an “unknown” quantity might be an improvement.

It certainly wouldn’t be any worse than what we have now.

And it might not. Think Michael Steele.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    We should encourage Hogan to resign as governor, so he can "properly" run in the primary. Rutherford couldn't be any worse?

If the only thing I cared about in life was the 2nd Amendment, then I might agree with you. Of course, if that is the case, we should ask Trump to resign too and we shouldn't even be worried if Hogan beat Trump in the primary because the two are about equal when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

I really do wonder how many on here support Trump yet lambaste Hogan. If you ask me, Hogan is Trump's equal when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, but better than Trump when it comes to income taxes, etc.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Idk about that, at least Trump talks about 2A from time to time, gave an ok campaign speech at NRA meeting today. Hogan would never do such a thing, he would be too busy running and hiding.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Idk about that, at least Trump talks about 2A from time to time, gave an ok campaign speech at NRA meeting today. Hogan would never do such a thing, he would be too busy running and hiding.

lol - you still believe Trump on the 2nd Amendment and his campaign promises.

Let's see what he promised during his last campaign. I know for a fact that Trump promised to overturn Obama's ATF 41f/p executive order the moment Trump got into office. Still waiting on that.

Trump asked the ATF to revisit the legality of bumpstocks, which the ATF had initially been fine with. Now, they are illegal and if you have a bumpstock anywhere in the nation, you are a criminal.

Trump also said, "I like to take the guns first". Granted, Hogan went ahead and actually signed the ERPO into law here in Maryland, but what makes you think Trump would not sign the same thing if it were to appear on his desk.

Yep, Trump feeds you lies and you believe them. Meanwhile, Hogan just remains silent on the topic. I'd rather somebody not tell me their position, than somebody tell me they are Pro 2A during their campaign and then screw me once they are in office.

If Trump wins the primary, I will still vote for him. However, he does not have me fooled on his 2A stance or his tax cuts for the middle class.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    However, he does not have me fooled on his 2A stance or his tax cuts for the middle class.

Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and we saved thousands of dollars this time around as a direct result of the new tax code. These are real, concrete things.

There isn't, and won't be anything resembling perfection on all of these fronts. The people who think they know the candidate that will be what they consider perfect on this front or any other will have exactly zero chance of ever seeing that person in office, let alone enacting policies that the vast majority of the people in the country oppose (let alone in the immediate wake of a horrific couple of mass killings, with the legislature poised to do FAR more harm than a mere EO/rule change out of the executive branch's BATFE). No, I don't like the bumpstock business because it really is a slippery slope kind of problem. But every, EVERY other real-life possibility in terms of candidates and legislative outcomes is wildly, madly worse.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    lol - you still believe Trump on the 2nd Amendment and his campaign promises.

Let's see what he promised during his last campaign. I know for a fact that Trump promised to overturn Obama's ATF 41f/p executive order the moment Trump got into office. Still waiting on that.

Trump asked the ATF to revisit the legality of bumpstocks, which the ATF had initially been fine with. Now, they are illegal and if you have a bumpstock anywhere in the nation, you are a criminal.

Trump also said, "I like to take the guns first". Granted, Hogan went ahead and actually signed the ERPO into law here in Maryland, but what makes you think Trump would not sign the same thing if it were to appear on his desk.

Yep, Trump feeds you lies and you believe them. Meanwhile, Hogan just remains silent on the topic. I'd rather somebody not tell me their position, than somebody tell me they are Pro 2A during their campaign and then screw me once they are in office.

If Trump wins the primary, I will still vote for him. However, he does not have me fooled on his 2A stance or his tax cuts for the middle class.

You’re right, Hogan is definitely to the right of Trump and includes 2A in any of his speeches.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hogan is the last hope of the MD Republicans to break the Dem supermajority for the next decade or so.

The 2020 Census will provide the opportunity to re-form the election districts in MD, and SCOTUS will provide impetus to restrain the gerrymandering. All Hogan has to do is put MD's Republican Party issues on the front burner, rather than focusing on his aspirations for national office. . .

Oh well, I guess we're screwed.

Again.

And again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom