• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    I guess my argument is falling on BGOS ears. I can't fix it as one, but we can fix it United.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hobby Lobby Gay and Lesbian Rigjts. They should ring a bell.

SCOTUS didn't grant Cert because of the number of plaintiffs. If that were the case, and by your logic, SCOTUS would have never heard Heller v DC, Mcdonald v Chicago, etc.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I guess my argument is falling on BGOS ears. I can't fix it as one, but we can fix it United.

BGOS??????

Really???

You sure you want to go there with me of all people?

And the majority of others in this thread that have been busting their asses in Annapolis and in front of the HPRB?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    No Dan... I think it's me... I'll take the heat on this one... you win... let's go to court... btw... I'm broke...

... but I do have a really cool Secret Squirrel suit...:D

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

There's a huge difference between BGOS and understanding the game. Have you talked to dblas or anyone from MSI, NRA, AGC?

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    SCOTUS didn't grant Cert because of the number of plaintiffs. If that were the case, and by your logic, SCOTUS would have never heard Heller v DC, Mcdonald v Chicago, etc.

No, SCOTUS granted cert because it was a 14th Amendment issue. Just as my recommendation this issue be a 14th Amendment issue and not a 2nd Amendment issue. Remember Wollard issues were 2nd and 14th Amendments, but they heard only the 2nd Amendment part. Lastly, BGOS goes to anyone who has a defeatist attitude, not to just one person.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    BGOS??????

Really???

You sure you want to go there with me of all people?

And the majority of others in this thread that have been busting their asses in Annapolis and in front of the HPRB?

And that is appreciated. But the HPRB is not where the answer lies. As long as the " law " is G&S Aprehended Danger then it will be status quo may issue. May issue is an automatic 14th Amendment violation. I can't understand why most can't see this. As long as the law is uncontested it will stand no matter the board makeup. They just remove the people not falling in line and replace them with those that will. The law must be contested.

chris17

Jan 26, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    A tale of 2 governors/presidents.

Obama doesn't seem particularly worried about hurting the legislature's feelings, "getting along," "crossing the aisle," "taking the best ideas from either side," etc.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    I've decided to laugh, instead of yell, at the computer.

WTH do you think MSI and the other .orgs have been doing the last 10 years? Chardonnay parties and book nights???
    While you pound the .org drums I still can't carry CCW in Maryland, there is an assault weapons ban in Maryland and a requirement to have a HQL before buying a gun. Tell me the good they have done.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    The SAF represented Wollard and were successful that is until they went to the 4th Circuit. They died at that level and at the denial of cert by SCOTUS. The SC only had to ignore one person. Imagine if hundreds of people were the Plaintiffs. Do you think the SC would ignore hundreds? I think they would be more inclined to hear a case like this because it now will represent the hundreds plus the rest of Maryland Residents. Yes it cost money.

You may have a point. But most of the memorable cases that we think of are individuals. Barnette, Brown, Miranda, McCorvey (Roe), if you want me to go on and on and on I can with examples where one person was the main plaintiff. It has not stopped the sc in the past.

So much for your popularity contest theory.

Amici Supporting Appellants,
    BRADY CENTER TO PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE; MARYLAND CHIEFS OF POLICE ASSOCIATION; INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF POLICE OFFICERS; MAJOR CITIES CHIEFS ASSOCIATION,

Amici Supporting Appellees,
    NRA CIVIL RIGHTS DEFENSE FUND; BUCKEYE FIREARMS FOUNDATION, INC.; INTERNATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT EDUCATORS & TRAINERS ASSOCIATION; INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS, INC.; PROFESSOR CLAYTON CRAMER; INDEPENDENCE INSTITUTE; COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA; STATE OF ALABAMA; STATE OF ARKANSAS; STATE OF FLORIDA; STATE OF KANSAS; COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY; STATE OF MAINE; STATE OF MICHIGAN; STATE OF NEBRASKA; STATE OF NEW MEXICO; STATE OF OKLAHOMA; STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA; STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA;STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA; PROFESSORS OF LAW, HISTORY, POLITICS, AND GOVERNMENT; CALIFORNIA RIFLE AND PISTOL ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION; VIRGINIA SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION; CENTER FOR CONSTITUTIONAL JURISPRUDENCE; GUN OWNERS FOUNDATION; GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA, INCORPORATED; VIRGINIA GUN OWNERS COALITION; VIRGINIA CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE, INC.; UNITED STATES JUSTICE
    FOUNDATION; CONSERVATIVE LEGAL DEFENSE AND EDUCATION FUND; THE ASSOCIATED GUN CLUBS OF BALTIMORE, INC.; THE MONUMENTAL RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB; THE ILLINOIS STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION; THE
    NEW YORK RIFLE AND PISTOL ASSOCIATION; THE ASSOCIATION OF NEW JERSEY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUBS, INC.; THE HAWAII RIFLE ASSOCIATION; NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA, INC.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Full disclosure, I did NOT vote for Hogan but I liked most everything he has done thus far except his position on the redline and the 2nd Amendment. If he shores up his position on 2nd Amendment, he has my vote in the next election m

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Now that ar154u has crested the 50 post minimum... maybe he will find the umpteen million threads in the Water Cooler that go back and forth on this subject... as a long time lurker, this person may have only scratched the surface of what has been argued... ad nauseum... and who knows... maybe he will find some ground that hasn't been covered...? already...

Mr H

Banana'd
    Now that ar154u has crested the 50 post minimum... maybe he will find the umpteen million threads in the Water Cooler that go back and forth on this subject... as a long time lurker, this person may have only scratched the surface of what has been argued... ad nauseum... and who knows... maybe he will find some ground that hasn't been covered...? already...

I'm calling retread

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom