• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I'm not into hunting and not opposed to it (for food & population control, not sport), several decades ago I read an article about shooting rats at a dump and thought that would be fun and a worth while activity. This weekend I watched several YouTube videos on that subject as well as culling feral hogs. The latter being a huge problem in several countries. The night vision tech and seeing the herds of feral hogs are both amazing.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Hogs do a good bit of damage in this country as well. southern tier of states, Florida Georgia Texas and others, get various natural residents as well as commercial crops and livestock pretty torn up.

the Place we hunted in Georgia, they’d move through like vacuums and suck up the natural browse, like acorns and other planted food crops and plots. Did a number displacing Deer

georgia and a number of other states are allowing 24/7 hunts, suppressors, NV, corals, and all sorts of other methods of take for hogs.

the mrs even preferred hogs to deer. tasted less gamy to her, me too.

it was fun to walk into the middle of a sounder and just start shooting until you were empty or out of ammo.

my best was with a shotgun. Only had 5 slugs. 4 shots fired, 3 down, and one round left, but the last one broke through the woods and disappeared . 50,75,125lbs

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm not into hunting and not opposed to it (for food & population control, not sport), several decades ago I read an article about shooting rats at a dump and thought that would be fun and a worth while activity. This weekend I watched several YouTube videos on that subject as well as culling feral hogs. The latter being a huge problem in several countries. The night vision tech and seeing the herds of feral hogs are both amazing.
    No such thing as "sport" hunting. You eat what you kill.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Yep! That’s what we hunt. Private.

the guide services many folks use, as well as locals, have access to private lands through leases and / or hog killing arrangements. It works out well for many.

Only on private lands. You can't hunt hogs after sunset on public lands in GA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom