• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Depends on the road type.
    What?

Kids can't walk on the edges of roads? If that's what you are depicting?

It's not hard.

Sort of tongue in cheek here, it makes them more aware of people trying to take them out, so good training.

I didn't die when I walked to school all of those years...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    When those little misbehaving creatines start thugging/acting up... you just gotta brake check them. You give a wink to the ones that are behaving (while looking in the mirror) and they acknowledge with a grin and brace. Brace for impact..

It's great, post school misbehaving bus discharge's wander off.. the incorrigibles come staggering of the bus.

At least this is how I would my bus.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What?

Kids can't walk on the edges of roads? If that's what you are depicting?

Growing up in the 'burbs , sure . There's sidewalks and quiet streets . We walked the up to 1.5 miles as posted earlier .

For my kids ? Out here in the country with narrow roads , zero shoulders , poor sightlines ? Different thing . It's dangerous enough for Me to walk along the road for 40 yards to go to the mailbox .

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Only read through the first page. Just going to stop there.

My wife heard about the bus issue, but I should show this to her so I look even morer brillianter.

She was hesitant about the move from HoCo to Carroll in late 2019. Here we are, nearly 4 years later, and I just look morer geniuser.

The athletic director at my daughter's and son's high school was poking fun at HoCo last week during the Meet the Coaches night for soccer.

Carroll County is headed the same way as MoCo and HoCo, but still needs a lot of residential development before it gets that bad and even the liberals here are opposing further development.

My youngest starts kindergarten tomorrow. Need a little less than 13 years here.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Only read through the first page. Just going to stop there.

My wife heard about the bus issue, but I should show this to her so I look even morer brillianter.

She was hesitant about the move from HoCo to Carroll in late 2019. Here we are, nearly 4 years later, and I just look morer geniuser.

The athletic director at my daughter's and son's high school was poking fun at HoCo last week during the Meet the Coaches night for soccer.

Carroll County is headed the same way as MoCo and HoCo, but still needs a lot of residential development before it gets that bad and even the liberals here are opposing further development.

My youngest starts kindergarten tomorrow. Need a little less than 13 years here.
    You should check out the issues HoCo is having with athletic directors. I think there's something like 6 in the county and most games don't have one present.
    Screenshot_20230904_132638_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You should check out the issues HoCo is having with athletic directors. I think there's something like 6 in the county and most games don't have one present.
    View attachment 429632
    The athletic director at South Carroll addressed the issue. Seems as though there is a shortage of athletic trainers, but there will be one available at the South Carroll JV and varsity soccer games.

Just so happy we moved.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    The athletic director at South Carroll addressed the issue. Seems as though there is a shortage of athletic trainers, but there will be one available at the South Carroll JV and varsity soccer games.

Just so happy we moved.
    Same situation at Century for the soccer teams. We have a new AD this year, so I’m trying to feel her out.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Reports from the 'hood this morning are that the buses were actually early and instead of waiting they just picked up whoever was at the stop and rolled out.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've got a teacher friend in the county trying to get ahold of zum for a field trip later this fall. He's called the Zum # a bunch of times and nobody picks up. He's tried emailing a bunch of times and nobody replies. So zum's contract to provide transportation for field trips.... looks less than likely so far.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    COO resigned. Scapegoat?
    Hey, he admitted it was his problem to deal with (that is something), but his way of dealing with it was to quit dealing with it. Some kind of "man" he is. F'in loser. Example of why things are the way they are today in general.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Hey, he admitted it was his problem to deal with (that is something), but his way of dealing with it was to quit dealing with it. Some kind of "man" he is. F'in loser. Example of why things are the way they are today in general.
    Deal with it and probably get fired when it's fixed or just leave beforehand?

Sounds like a cost/benefit ratio decision to me.

He'll resurface again during Martirano's next job in a victim district.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Deal with it and probably get fired when it's fixed or just leave beforehand?
    If I cause a problem, I feel its my responsibility to make it right. My conscience doesn't accept me leaving it for someone else to fix. I can't relate to those who are okay with leaving problems they create for someone else to handle.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Scott Washington has a pretty good reputation. I imagine (this is just my personal take) it probably went more like, "I told you this was going to happen and you wouldn't listen. This is now your mess to clean up, I'm out".

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Scott Washington has a pretty good reputation. I imagine (this is just my personal take) it probably went more like, "I told you this was going to happen and you wouldn't listen. This is now your mess to clean up, I'm out".
    This. I think he was 'forced' to resign...red meat for the masses.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If I cause a problem, I feel its my responsibility to make it right. My conscience doesn't accept me leaving it for someone else to fix. I can't relate to those who are okay with leaving problems they create for someone else to handle.
    Fair enough.

Just saying its a cost/benefit decision, one of those costs being the hit on one's conscience - which in the COO's case, doesn't seem to be much cost for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom