• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Hey guys, I was contemplating going to the hoco gun show to look at some rifles.

I did have a question. I know at other gun shows I have been to in pa people attempt to barter if they have arms they are looking to push off for whatever reason.

I have a carbine and a 9mm pistol that see no use and thought I may be able to barter with vendors there to perhaps get something that I may make more use of .

Is this first legal and secondly is this even worth my time or am I wasting my time ?

Sorry if the questions are obvious, I am asking because Itruely dont know.

Please and thank you in advance.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think you would be better off to sell them to another person (I'm just down the road:D) than trade to a dealer. The dealer has to make a % on the items so he can't give you as much as someone wanting to buy them.

Yes, you can do it. Fully legal to trade to a dealer (or a person so long as it's not banned or a pistol; pistol would take the transfer paperwork to do).

If you have 50 post you could sell them here.

Is the carbine one which is still md legal to transfer?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Same question for me. What do you have? How's the condition? You've got a big buying community right here on the forum, including me a short distance away.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I've got a kel-tec pf9 with about 50 rounds through it (shows almost no wear whatsoever) Come with standard mag and 2 extended mags and laser sight mounted on forward rail.

Hi-point 4594 carbine (tactical stock version) Vortex StrikeFire Red dot sight with doubler front foregrip had literally 1 round shot through it ( was an impulse buy and doesnt seem to fit my needs) I am a paper puncher and paper punching at 50 yards is no challenge and quite boring. would come 1 mag. would also include stock open sight which were removed for red dot install. red dot is NV compatible if that helps any.
    Specifics on the red dot found here http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-riflescope-sfrd-hunt.html

I am looking to trade for something possibly in .308 or considering an sks or possibly 22mag. something that catches the eye. I love thumbhole stocks. I would prefer to trade, I do not want to sell these to be left without a rifle at all. If you have a trade in mind please feel free to offer, I am not stuck on any rifle in particular so it may be up in the air for a rifle or carbine that you may not make much use of. I am not concerned going dollar for dollar in a trade so long as we both can be happy with the deal.

If it matters both were purchased locally. The pf9 from 2a in jessup and the carbine from a place in frederick which the name escapes me right now.

Would also do a 2 for 1 if the trade is right. Let me know.

Attachments

• 20130322_205605.jpg
      20130322_205605.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 196
    • 20130410_182247.jpg
      20130410_182247.jpg
      55.5 KB · Views: 196

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I've got a kel-tec pf9 with about 50 rounds through it (shows almost no wear whatsoever) Come with standard mag and 2 extended mags and laser sight mounted on forward rail.

Hi-point 4594 carbine (tactical stock version) Vortex StrikeFire Red dot sight with doubler front foregrip had literally 1 round shot through it ( was an impulse buy and doesnt seem to fit my needs) I am a paper puncher and paper punching at 50 yards is no challenge and quite boring. would come 1 mag. would also include stock open sight which were removed for red dot install. red dot is NV compatible if that helps any.
    Specifics on the red dot found here http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-riflescope-sfrd-hunt.html

I am looking to trade for something possibly in .308 or considering an sks or possibly 22mag. something that catches the eye. I love thumbhole stocks. I would prefer to trade, I do not want to sell these to be left without a rifle at all. If you have a trade in mind please feel free to offer, I am not stuck on any rifle in particular so it may be up in the air for a rifle or carbine that you may not make much use of. I am not concerned going dollar for dollar in a trade so long as we both can be happy with the deal.

If it matters both were purchased locally. The pf9 from 2a in jessup and the carbine from a place in frederick which the name escapes me right now.

Would also do a 2 for 1 if the trade is right. Let me know.

Price for Hi-Point with stock sights ?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    OP,

Make sure that NONE of the mags you are transferring with the guns in Maryland are 11+ capacity. Have to go across state lines to transfer the 11+ capacity mags. As already stated, the handgun would require a Form 77r and that the buyer have a HQL. The Form 77r can be completed at the MSP barracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom