Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was there for 2hrs today

Lots of Ammo but no real bargains
    One guy had Nagant revolver surplus
    Saw a couple Mosins, Finn a few SKS
    Saw a guy carrying a purchased Russian SKS
    Saw several 1903s
    Gun Bunker in Burtonsvill table had a some C&R and a few of them cheap labled AS IS including a French MAS I think

Any one else see anything interesting

MY big score was my wife came and got a 22 target pistol

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Saw a Russian Tula SKS for $750 (cheaper than that on GunBroker). I saw a type 38 Japanese with mum for $485 and a nice K31 for $375. I would have loved to have had the type 38, but I didn't get it.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    The prices listed are why I don't get too excited about gun shows. WOW is all I can say

Also: did you see or note prices of any Reloading items? Thanks!

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    There was reloading powder but nothing I wanted
    I saw one K31 and the stock looked nice but did not inspect for cracks or repairs

Primers I saw we're priced high
    Nothing like the Chantilly Show

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    Saw a Russian Tula SKS for $750 (cheaper than that on GunBroker). I saw a type 38 Japanese with mum for $485 and a nice K31 for $375. I would have loved to have had the type 38, but I didn't get it.

If you look you should be able to find a nice Type 38 for less than that, even with a mum.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Here is my C&R pick up from the show, 1959 Winchester Model 12 WS-1 skeet gun. Did see one nice Finn 91/30 I almost bought but I am really focusing on vintage American sporting arms, especially Winchester.

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
      IMG_1814.jpg
      53.8 KB · Views: 222

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Here is my C&R pick up from the show, 1959 Winchester Model 12 WS-1 skeet gun. Did see one nice Finn 91/30 I almost bought but I am really focusing on vintage American sporting arms, especially Winchester.

Gorgeous. I lust in my heart for that shotgun. In fact, for about everything you post. My hat's off to you, sir.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I didn't pick anything up from the show except some .45 colt ammo to shoot in the Uberti we picked up last weekend. Most of the C&Rs there were overpriced in my opinion or just didn't strike a fancy with me.

Maybe I'm just being obtuse after my hauls last weekend :D

I did South Carroll Sporting Goods a solid though. When I walked by their table within the first 10 minutes of the show a M91/30 slipped off of the rack (I didn't touch it!) and almost took a hard crash on the concrete floor. I managed to grab it and saved it from becoming Bubba trash. Only person who saw me catch it though was the young kid behind the table.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I didn't pick anything up from the show except some .45 colt ammo to shoot in the Uberti we picked up last weekend. Most of the C&Rs there were overpriced in my opinion or just didn't strike a fancy with me.

I did South Carroll Sporting Goods a solid though. When I walked by their table within the first 10 minutes of the show a M91/30 slipped off of the rack (I didn't touch it!) and almost took a hard crash on the concrete floor. I managed to grab it and saved it from becoming Bubba trash. Only person who saw me catch it though was the young kid behind the table.

Your my freakin hero! Long live the mosin!

any sks's on his rack?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

You've moved up a step in the C&R collector's ladder. Happened to me when I had examples of all the items that you could easily find at a fun show. After that the next step up had me active on Gun Broker and Auction Arms for the more difficult to find items. Then it was up another step to auctions, estate sales and the secondary market to gather unobtanium. Takes a while and a pile of cash (or lots of smart horse trading) but eventually if you're diligent you'll get to the higher rungs. Lots of fun along the way and if you do your homework you amass a serious amount of information and wisdom.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Show was pretty much a bust for me. I didn't see anything on my wish list that wasn't overpriced or hadn't already been messed up (refinished, stock varnished). Only saw one guy selling USGI parts and picked up a Carbine trigger housing from him. I think there were as many ARs as there were all other long guns combined.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Buddy asked me to in the AM, I think I'll pass as I'll prolly just end up getting that AR9mm that south Carroll has and my wife will not be happy about that.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I saw that Type 38 too, Alpha. I thought it was a little over priced, but the mum was pretty and I may have gone for it... if I didn't pick up the Enfield No. 4 MK 1 T that was all the way in the back. :) It's non-matching and missing the cheek rest and scope, but he only wanted $475 and I talked him down to $410 just before 5:00. It looks real, but I'll have to do some more research on it. I'll post up a thread about it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I saw that Type 38 too, Alpha. I thought it was a little over priced, but the mum was pretty and I may have gone for it... if I didn't pick up the Enfield No. 4 MK 1 T that was all the way in the back. :) It's non-matching and missing the cheek rest and scope, but he only wanted $475 and I talked him down to $410 just before 5:00. It looks real, but I'll have to do some more research on it. I'll post up a thread about it.

My noob feather is showing, I saw that Enfield and although it looked nice, thought it was over priced. Now I know why it was priced so. Now I have something else to look for when viewing these.
    Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom