• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Robey estimated he had received more threats over the last three months than he had in 32 years of law enforcement because of his support for Gov. Martin O'Malley's gun control package.
    He said that was not a factor in his retirement.

In 2001, Robey raised the county's income tax rate from one of the state's lowest to the highest allowed, not a popular decision.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/columbia/ph-ho-cf-robey-retire-0418-20130417,0,1817466.story?page=1

Buh-bye

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Yes!

*** Just because you don't take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't have an interest in you. ***

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I don't live there but that loony's votes sure have hurt me and my business.

Good riddance.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I live in District 13.

Now just to watch who runs now, and if they have a record.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Robey estimated he had received more threats over the last three months than he had in 32 years of law enforcement because of his support for Gov. Martin O'Malley's gun control package.

Yeah....sure. :rolleyes:

Nothing more than another soundbyte to throw out there.

Expect him to show up as the head of some anti-gun activist group in the near future.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Now is the time to get involved and run for office there as a DINO Demorat. If not there, then to infiltrate and become part of the new staffing of whoever is replacing him... Time to change it from the inside folks... Power voids are opportunities.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The voters in his district need to work hard to find a suitable replacement. We need to take every seat possible in Maryland.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    In 2001, Robey raised the county's income tax rate from one of the state's lowest to the highest allowed, not a popular decision.

And he was continually voted in because.....

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    And he was continually voted in because.....
    I think that it boils down to the fact that people have short memories, simply aren't involved enough to know that their elected representatives are screwing them over, or they would rather deal with the evil they know rather than to take the chance on electing someone who might be potentially worse....although from what I've read about this clown, I'm not sure you could get much worse. He's almost the quintessential corrupt politician.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    As retired police myself I can't stand guys like Robey. A guy who did pretty much nothing except kiss political ass for 32 years and yet he wears his service on his sleeve 24/7 like he's this great hero.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    As retired police myself I can't stand guys like Robey. A guy who did pretty much nothing except kiss political ass for 32 years and yet he wears his service on his sleeve 24/7 like he's this great hero.

What are his war stories, his past?

And better yet, who is running against his successors? I'm sure he has a say in who replaces him, to carry on the legacy of service of course.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Yay! And I had so looked forward to reminding him every month between now and the 2014 elections that I was going to do everything I could to see his sorry butt ousted! :D Actually, I hope the door does hit him in the butt on his way out.

Now I've got more energy to work on Pendergrass, Guzzone and Turner in District 13.

I wonder if I was one of the people "threatening" him by emailing, writing and faxing him my intentions to work against him in the 2014 elections? I guess it's all in the wording, since it is well known that law abiding gun owners are forever "threatening" folks, right? :rolleyes:

Too bad, so sad. Toodles Dbag!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "Robey estimated he had received more threats over the last three months than he had in 32 years of law enforcement because of his support for Gov. Martin O'Malley's gun control package."

I say ******** to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom