• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Does anyone have experience with the HK P30? I'm considering one, but have read that the trigger has a lot to be desired. Is it really that bad? I really like that it is completely ambidextrous.

VikingFan65

Apr 19, 2013
    Howard County
    I have the P30L in .40. IMO the trigger out of the box is fine, not great but not horrible either. I like shooting my P30, but my go to pistol is my SIG 226.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    My P30L is my bedroom handgun. Trigger is not great if you are looking for a target handgun. For a defensive handgun, it is just fine with me.

I also have several Sigs, HK, CZs, 1911, .357 revolvers. I chose the P30L as my bedside gun as it has the most ergonomic grip among all my handguns.

shubin6

Mar 20, 2012
    AA County
    I have a P30 in 9mm. The trigger is not bad for a service pistol.
    It seems that the trigger is getting better after fired hundreds rounds.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Sold my P30 last year. For some reason I was not very accurate with it and everyone who tried it, had similar results. Comparing to other guns, this was my least favorite. The trigger on it was long and mushy.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    One of my favorites. The best ergonomics on the market. Being a lefty, the ambi controls sealed the deal.

The trigger is the least of my worries, as it shoots better than I do…

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Own a P30. Or more correctly, Herself owns one.

Really fine ergos, and you are correct about how well it suits lefties. Completely ambi.

Yes the trigger isn't as nice as my Sig P229 with SRT. But it is far better than the M&P I got rid of. So call it middle of the road.

I am as accurate with it as I am with the P229, or nearly so. I shoot hers maybe 10% of the amount I shoot my own which would account for any difference.

The only other downside I might mention is no big issue for me, but I will mention it. The take down lever process is a bit more cumbersome than others.

If I were a lefty I would give a P30 very serious consideration.

thai

May 8, 2013
    I have a P30 in 9mm. The trigger is not bad for a service pistol.
    It seems that the trigger is getting better after fired hundreds rounds.

This!

HK triggers will get smoother as the number rounds increase. I would say at least 500 to 1000 rounds.

I have a USP40 with 2500 rounds that is noticeably smoother than my New USP 9 I got this summer. Not to mention my HKs are just as accurate as my Sigs, if not more so! In my hands I find them the most accurate and dependable money can buy.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I own a P30. It is the most comfortable of all my handguns. It also has the worst trigger. The trigger is disappointingly bad. With that said, I can shoot it to effective combat accuracy. And I like everything else about the gun. If you have money to spend, you can send it to Grayguns. I've heard they are able to fix the trigger, though I don't have first hand experience. I did change out a couple strings and that provided a modest improvement. For the time being, I'm going to keep it and continue experimenting with it.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I like HK pistols, great build quality and accuracy, real nice handguns overall. My .45 Compact Tactical and P2000SK .40 are awesome. When looking for a 9mm full frame i was back to looking at HK and sig once again. The P30 was not a comparison in terms of trigger vs. my Sig P226 TACOPS w SRT trigger, no contest. I selected the Sig without the slightest doubt or hesitation, quite frankly it was a no brainer. It was like comparing a minivan to a sports car in terms of performance, feel, and the triggers could not be more different w the Sig SRT in a league of its own.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I own a P30. It is the most comfortable of all my handguns. It also has the worst trigger. The trigger is disappointingly bad. With that said, I can shoot it to effective combat accuracy. And I like everything else about the gun. If you have money to spend, you can send it to Grayguns. I've heard they are able to fix the trigger, though I don't have first hand experience. I did change out a couple strings and that provided a modest improvement. For the time being, I'm going to keep it and continue experimenting with it.
    I was fiddling with my P30 after writing this. I should add that it has smoothed out quite a bit after a few hundred rounds. Much of the grittiness in the trigger is gone. Still...the trigger blows compared to my other handguns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom