• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Want one. Been looking for a while, and have been surprised at the broad price range. I know virtually nothing about them, I just collect, and, well, you know, I just want one.
    So, who's the resident HK guru, and could I please pick your brain for some info? i.e, if it were you, what would you be looking for, and what would you pay for it.
    Thanks all.

I'm the resident hk armorer and have a hk 91, 93, MP5, and a bunch of HK pistolas.

the 91 is the most common of HK long guns. They are heavy as compared to a fal or an m1a. The upside is that the G3 has been used in the most unforgiving of climates without fail as has the fal.

Buy a true hk 91 and not a clone. the going rate is easy to establish by keeping abreast og the major auction sites and sturmgewr.com.

the a3 variant denotes the collapsible stock. it will cost more, but a fixed stock is a cheap accessory.

PM me for more details.

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I paid just shy 3K for mine a couple of years ago. Its as close as I get to a safe queen. Jeepdriver and I shot a three gun match. He used his PTR and I my 91. Talk about a work out.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    Group Buy!!

If we did a group buy of PTR91s I might join. I have wanted one since before I got my first gun in the Summer of 2008, but it was too expensive then so I went with an AR. I have been saving up for a PTR91 now though.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Yeah bought several HK91 and HK93 years ago when H&K was selling direct to dealers for $399.00 delivered. Friend of mine owned a gun shop, I would call him and order or drive up to his shop and go through his catalogs. He also had a pawn shop was like shopping in a candy store. And when the CAT place closed down there was all kinds of firearms. I have a M1A Springfield Armory made in Texas ( I think ) that I got from him. They were great to deal with brothers, when I wanted a magnum rifle they threw their catalogs up on the counter. pick one they told me, so I was like I will take one of this and one of that..any way I miss those days

-Rock

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    If I had to do a 7.62 battle rifle over again. I would buy a FAL

Why do you think that? Since I have wanted to get a PTR91, even though I have done a bit of research, I would still like to hear any reason that I should look into FALs also.

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    Less expensive
    Spare parts are easier to get
    Parts are less expensive
    Better chance reloading brass shot through it
    Personnally like the FALs folding stock over the 91s collapsing stock.
    90 countries can't be wrong

p.s. The germans used it too

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Less expensive
    Spare parts are easier to get
    Parts are less expensive
    Better chance reloading brass shot through it
    Personnally like the FALs folding stock over the 91s collapsing stock.
    90 countries can't be wrong

p.s. The germans used it too

Know as the G1 version of the FAL. Nice version of the rifle.

(Please don't confuse the G1 with the real expensive "G" series FAL that ATF allowed in the country. Different gun.)

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The Germans didn't make the G1 FAL, FN did in Belgium. That is one of the reasons the Germans only got 100,000 rifles and had to find the G2 and then the G3.

The story goes that the US and the Brit's were nervous about the post war German Army's weapon quality if the Soviets moved on NATO. The Germans had Mausers and some US M1's, but no NATO caliber battle rifle. We convinced FN to make the Germans some rifles as a stop gap measure. The Belgians were still upset about getting invaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom