• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Seems like I always find Hi-Point Carbines in the Annapolis area, that's where I got mine a few weeks ago and same place my 2 cousins got theirs from. As a matter of fact, I went to the Eastern Shore and they had the Carbines stacked up! I can estimate that they had 8 or so of them ... cash and carry all the way on the Hi-Points!

Where at on the eastern shore?

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Seems like I always find Hi-Point Carbines in the Annapolis area, that's where I got mine a few weeks ago and same place my 2 cousins got theirs from. As a matter of fact, I went to the Eastern Shore and they had the Carbines stacked up! I can estimate that they had 8 or so of them ... cash and carry all the way on the Hi-Points!

What stores I need to find out who their distributor is we can't keep them in stock.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/assault_weapons.pdf

I can't believe how many rifles Maryland has on the regulated list. Was looking to get a Springfield M1A, but I guess that would be impossible. :banghead:

Get a .308 FN-49... every bit as fun, classic looks, the same 20 round detachable magazine capability, same .308 firepower, and a slightly better gas operated system.

Mark

Attachments

• DSCN1046.jpg
      DSCN1046.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 213

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/assault_weapons.pdf

I can't believe how many rifles Maryland has on the regulated list. Was looking to get a Springfield M1A, but I guess that would be impossible. :banghead:

Are you under 21? Not sure if you're new to MD, but "Regulated" in MD means you have to go through extra paperwork and wait, it doesn't mean "Forbidden".

If you already knew that, skip my whole post and welcome to the forum!!

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    Are you under 21? Not sure if you're new to MD, but "Regulated" in MD means you have to go through extra paperwork and wait, it doesn't mean "Forbidden".

Didn't know that, but then I've never bought anything off the regulated list. May look at that FN-49 Markp posted about. Still researching an AR for my next buy. Looking at the Colt, but then I understand that Colt parts are not interchangeable with anyone elses.

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    I couldn't find any HP carbines here but came across some at Harrisburg gun show 2 weeks ago, $264 +tax, (PA dealer), for the 4095TS.
    I have had the pleasure (!!) of putting 80 rounds through it, no jams etc., with Rem or Win factory 180FMJ and 3 inch groups at 50yds seated with shooting stick rest.
    Added bonus was finding info on 3 gun that requires pistol caliber rifles, something that I want to try, as well as action pistol.
    Haven't shot competition in years...

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    The gun merchant in federalsburg is where i got my 995 with the ati stock already on it. Havent been there in forever but he was a pretty nice guy.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

Regulated in MD means you can't possess it without someone over 21 supervising if you are under 21. I don't know how old Vince55 is... The paperwork and 7 days is just an annoyance.

Mark

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    Regulated in MD means you can't possess it without someone over 21 supervising if you are under 21. I don't know how old Vince55 is... The paperwork and 7 days is just an annoyance.

Mark
    I'm old, but never bought a gun on the regulated list. In the past all of my guns have been for hunting. I've been doing a lot more target shooting during the last few years and would like buy a few more guns for this purpose. Thinking about an AR-15. Still researching that one to see what to purchase.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I'm old, but never bought a gun on the regulated list. In the past all of my guns have been for hunting. I've been doing a lot more target shooting during the last few years and would like buy a few more guns for this purpose. Thinking about an AR-15. Still researching that one to see what to purchase.

Older colt pins were larger than the standard ones, but they've gone to the standard size in the past couple of years. You can get more bang for your buck -pun intended- from a BCM rifle, or maybe a Spike's. And to shill for myself, I have a BCM AR in the classifieds I'm selling ;)

TRUEST ONE

Mar 25, 2011
    Annapolis
    Where at on the eastern shore?

The Gun Merchant in Federalsburg, MD (410) 754-5453. It was a drive to get there but when I was looking for a 40 cal Carbine the guy picked up the phone right then and there and ordered one on the spot. He had a ton of the 9mm versions. Unfortunately I ended up picking one up at a shop here in Annapolis because it was a deal I couldn't pass up. But no harm done!

TRUEST ONE

Mar 25, 2011
    Annapolis
    What stores I need to find out who their distributor is we can't keep them in stock.

I purchased mine at The Armory (Annapolis) and the the Gun Merchant (Federalsburg, MD) <-- this place had a local distributor from Crownsville, MD I believe that's what I was told ... check reply above for his number.

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    If anybodys lookin for a 995 carbine they can shoot me an offer for mine. It already has the ati stock and a vertical front grip. Lookin for money for my first glock.

TRUEST ONE

Mar 25, 2011
    Annapolis
    If anybodys lookin for a 995 carbine they can shoot me an offer for mine. It already has the ati stock and a vertical front grip. Lookin for money for my first glock.

I have a buddy who is waiting for word from Cabela's when a HP Carbine comes in, how much would u want for it? I can tell him to contact you or whatever works for you. This would be his first firearm ...

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    OK, I give up...someone said Hi-Point and I can no longer resist the temptation to reply with pics.

Pistols are (of course) regulated. In MD, new pistols require the ridiculous fired case in order to be legally transferred. Used pistols do not require the spent case, but fall under the same transfer laws. I have them all and they are fun shooters.

HP carbines are fun and not (yet) regulated in MD. HP carbines are OTC transfers like any non-regulated rifle in MD. They come in various flavors from 9mm to 45acp. I also have them all and they are fun shooters.

If you get a HP, expect a low end firearm with a high end customer service if something goes wrong. Don't expect a top shelf firearm. I enjoy shooting mine and respect them for what they are.

Sorry folks...someone said "Hi-Point"...:innocent0

Attachments

• HP Fam.jpg
      HP Fam.jpg
      34.5 KB · Views: 171
    • Hi-Points Three.jpg
      Hi-Points Three.jpg
      68.5 KB · Views: 172
    • HP4595 10_27_10.jpg
      HP4595 10_27_10.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 169

Users who are viewing this thread