• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have had both the .40 and .45. Huge, heavy and clumsy. Surprisingly accurate and reliable.

Fun for a range gun at a bargain price.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    If u could find one local - why not? Adding shipping + transfer fee = approx. $85 for a $130 handgun just seems wrong - certainly from a percentage point of view.

Still $215 plus $10 for state is still an inexpensive handgun.:D

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    You could pick up a Mak, Tok, or P64 for not much more though. I just can't get over the ugly with hi points.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Alpha, are you gonna order one? Maybe I'll order one and have it shipped to the same place as you? Not a fan of the HP but for that little bit of money I'll toss it in the safe.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I love my Hi Point 40. I paid $100 on GB. With all the shipping and transfer it was still well under $200. When I was looking no one in state could touch that cost. Most new were being sold well over list. Even and the Howard County show one vendor had a used HP 45 at $250. Granted pre-Oct pricing but still.... really? List is/was $189-$199

I own HP pistols in all four calibers and the 40 (bought uses on GB for $105) shoots the best and most reliably. Never a jam or FTF.
    My C9 (bought new) is having failure to feed issues that may be mag related but its going back for warranty service.
    My 45 ( bought used for $100 on GB) has had 2-3 stove pipe jams in 300+ rounds and doesn't always stay open after last round so it too will go in for that LIFETIME warranty service.
    My .380 (bought used on GB for $105) came like new in the box and has not has an issue and is pretty darn accurate.

Stay on GB and you will find a deal if this one gets away.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Don't know what shipping is but transfer for MDS members is $30 at Bollingers and they are great. Thats a great NIB price. Use the HP website and call some of the listed dealers in state and compare deals. When I did no one had stock or they were charging way over list that made an online deal the better choice with transfer and fees. Mine were used this one is new. even better. My 2 cents

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I had one and bought it for the same reason. It is one of the few pistols that I am glad I sold. My biggest complaint was the magazine release. I inadvertently dropped the magazine several times. That was enough for me.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    If anyone is having theirs sent to bollingers, let me know and I'll throw ya $ to save on shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I had one and bought it for the same reason. It is one of the few pistols that I am glad I sold. My biggest complaint was the magazine release. I inadvertently dropped the magazine several times. That was enough for me.

Do you mean that your big ass hands didn't like the placement of the mag release and dropped it inadvertently, or do you mean that the mag dropped by itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom