• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Need some help. Last weekend I was volunteering with Lou and Shooters Discount. Several people approached me wondering if they where disqualified for prior crimes. I gave them the best advice I could. Consult a lawyer and get a legal opinion. And then get it expunged. But, is there a naughty list of crimes that automatically say "F off and don't ask any more about firearms"?

wasnt Warren working with you?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's exempted as long as it's not a PBJ for a 2nd Degree Assault in a Domestic situation.

I'll post the PBJ section for you so you can read it and then figure out if you are correct or not. Here it is:

(B–1) (1) “CONVICTED OF A DISQUALIFYING CRIME” INCLUDES:

(I) A CASE IN WHICH A PERSON RECEIVED PROBATION BEFORE JUDGMENT FOR A CRIME OF VIOLENCE; AND

(II) A CASE IN WHICH A PERSON RECEIVED PROBATION BEFORE JUDGMENT IN A DOMESTICALLY RELATED CRIME AS DEFINED IN § 6–233 OF THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ARTICLE.

(2) “CONVICTED OF A DISQUALIFYING CRIME” DOES NOT (EMPHASIS ADDED) INCLUDE A CASE IN WHICH A PERSON RECEIVED A PROBATION BEFORE JUDGMENT:

(I) FOR ASSAULT IN THE SECOND DEGREE; OR

(II) THAT WAS EXPUNGED UNDER TITLE 10, SUBTITLE 1 OF THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ARTICLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom