• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtse4me

Apr 12, 2013
    Howard County
    I ordered a bunch of B&P 12g for $56 and AE XM193. The B&P shells produce excellent patterns,very light recoil,& are clean burning. I like them a lot more than the Herter's but the Herter's was a great deal.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Only complaint I have about Herters shells is the deplorable quality BOX. You so much as breathe on them wrong and they blow apart. I have a box tip over on my truck floor Sunday, done, shells everwhere.

1250fps is fine, the 1oz loads are also good to go. I'm still happy with anything around $60 a flat.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I seem to have got into a habit where I typically run 1oz 7.5 or 8 shot in the o/u, then I run the Walmart 1 1/8 stuff thru my semi. Not really recoil adverse at all it just seemed to morph in to a habit.

Oh, and cheap is good

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    yepper, just bought another 10 flats.

I buy the 20g shells which are 1oz, and use them in the 12g skeet events. Can't use them in the 20g event though.

Well done. I really hope we can meet up and break some clays sometime. I look forward to meeting you

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well done. I really hope we can meet up and break some clays sometime. I look forward to meeting you
    Wait, you're talking about HIM breaking some, ...... correct? :cool:

The event to shoot down there would have been that "All Clays", disappointed I missed that.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I was in a 3 month slump, getting back to less cussing is a nice change! The better you get the more I'll need to stay on my toes.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I was in a 3 month slump, getting back to less cussing is a nice change! The better you get the more I'll need to stay on my toes.

I compare it to golf. I can hold my own in that game and really just enjoy just playing the game after having tommy john surgery several years ago. I don't take things so serious but I always learn more and seem to play better when I play in a group with better shooters than me. I think that translates to sporting clays too. If those around you are good shooters I tend to watch closely, ask questions, and accept input when offered. It seems to up my game a bit in my mind anyway.

Of course a little healthy sh!t talking is always a favorite motivator of mine too

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Herters went on sale at Cabelas today for $57.99/250 for the target loads and the field equivalent. Let me know if anyone has a free/cheap shipping code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom