• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Couldn't get your link to work but I will say I buy and shoot herters for clays all the time. Good cheap ammo. What was the deal in your link??

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A buddy of mine shoots them and he likes them. He's slightly picky with gun things.

JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    Walmart's at least 20 minutes away and I haven't had good luck there. But I appreciate the tip and I'll try to swing by there this weekend.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Good point, I only buy them for my semi's so I don't mind that extra 8th.

It's not too hateful for sure. I like the herters at 1290fps with 8's for short stuff and 7.5's for longer edgy presentations. Not sure if that's the smartest but it's working ok so far.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Walmart's at least 20 minutes away and I haven't had good luck there. But I appreciate the tip and I'll try to swing by there this weekend.

Not sure which one you are near, but the one in eldersburg has a ton of Winchester and federal value boxes. ~$23 with tax for 100rnds. Works out to about $58 for a flat of 250rnds. Not the absolute cheapest, but still very cheap. They had at least two dozen boxes each of Winchester 7.5 and 8 and federal 7.5 (can't remember if they had federal #8). All 1 1/8oz loads. I picked up some federal 7.5s for some trap this weekend with my wife's uncle.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    Not sure which one you are near, but the one in eldersburg has a ton of Winchester and federal value boxes. ~$23 with tax for 100rnds. Works out to about $58 for a flat of 250rnds. Not the absolute cheapest, but still very cheap. They had at least two dozen boxes each of Winchester 7.5 and 8 and federal 7.5 (can't remember if they had federal #8). All 1 1/8oz loads. I picked up some federal 7.5s for some trap this weekend with my wife's uncle.

Winchester Universals are dirty, watch using them in an auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom