• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Have had a desire for Henry Martini in .450 / .577.

Does anyone here own ones?

If so do you shoot it ?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I have a Mark IV in excellent condition. I have a .45LC chamber adapter for it but I've never fired it. The gun is primarily a collector piece for me given its condition. The bore looks like a modern bore, silver bright, sharp rifling, no pitting or erosion, phenomenal for a 130+ year old black powder rifle.

I have a Nepalese Gahendra version I bought from IMA USA on sale. It's a wall hanger or restoration piece. Rough shape. Might be a shooter with work.

I love Martinis for their history. Interesting rifles with lots of variants.

Matt

smoothebore

I have a Mark II dated 1878. It's one of the better examples from the Nepal cache that I bought back when they were first offered. I shot it once and the shell was stuck in the chamber. I cleaned the chamber thoroughly, but just haven't gotten back to it yet. With the interest here, maybe I'll give it another try.

Attachments

• C&R 030.jpg
      C&R 030.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 396
    • martini-henry 007.jpg
      martini-henry 007.jpg
      36.6 KB · Views: 381
    • martini-henry 004.jpg
      martini-henry 004.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 392
    • martini-henry 002.jpg
      martini-henry 002.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 389
    • martini-henry 005.jpg
      martini-henry 005.jpg
      32.8 KB · Views: 386
    • martini-henry 008.jpg
      martini-henry 008.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 382
    • martini-henry 003.jpg
      martini-henry 003.jpg
      7.3 KB · Views: 380

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Very interested. Love the picture of the round next to .22 rimfire.

Thank you

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Every time I've seen a Martini at a gun show that says "Zulu Rifle", I worry that its a fake. I understand some replicas were made some where some time ago that were faked. I'm speaking out of hearsay on that statement.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I have a Mark II dated 1878. It's one of the better examples from the Nepal cache that I bought back when they were first offered. I shot it once and the shell was stuck in the chamber. I cleaned the chamber thoroughly, but just haven't gotten back to it yet. With the interest here, maybe I'll give it another try.

Doctor Who? Is that you?

You've been hiding in the bore of a rifle all this time?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Been sort of on the look for one, once that is well shootable. Reloading will be a pain given the nature of the case and difficulty to find components. But really how often do you shoot something like that?

A couple folks offered me some good deals on them, they were just a little more than I wanted to invest at this time.

Still kicking myself for not buying a really nice one Allen's Armory had a couple months back with Bayo.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Been sort of on the look for one, once that is well shootable. Reloading will be a pain given the nature of the case and difficulty to find components. But really how often do you shoot something like that?

A couple folks offered me some good deals on them, they were just a little more than I wanted to invest at this time.

Still kicking myself for not buying a really nice one Allen's Armory had a couple months back with Bayo.

IV8888 has a case conversion/reloading video, didn't look too hard the way he was doing it. I believe his bullet mold was custom, though. Not sure how hard it would be to find one. But the case conversion didn't look bad at all.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Went the easy route and found a .22 conversion of a MKIII. No push on the shoulder from this one.

Attachments

• IMGP6287.JPG
      IMGP6287.JPG
      16.3 KB · Views: 183
    • IMGP6289.JPG
      IMGP6289.JPG
      50.3 KB · Views: 185
    • IMGP6291.JPG
      IMGP6291.JPG
      56.3 KB · Views: 180

rarefish383

Apr 23, 2015
    Mt Airy
    A lot of the Martini Cadets, originally in 310, were converted to 22 Hornet. A friend just bout a nice Cadet in 310, just to do a Hornet conversion. There was a highly engraved, custom wood, Martini 22 Hornet on GB a couple months ago and I was on the verge of selling the farm to get it. They were asking $1600. Thank goodness I found my 1912 Savage 1899 H, it cost a lot less, Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom