• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SW686

MDS Supporter
    Jul 25, 2012
    I have a Golden Boy. It's an excellent rifle. The action is smooth and it shoots well. I really like it.

dmbfanandy

Mar 6, 2013
    Cabelas has them on sale for $389.99. I was able to price match at Dick's and had a 10% off coupon making the rifle $350 before tax. Beautiful rifle. After watching their infomercial on their manufacturing process, I was sold.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Golden Boy looks good, but I went with Henry Frontier Lever Action with Oxtagon barrel. Very pleased with it and just a few dollar less. Does not have the brasslite receiver or brass butt plate. All blued instead

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    I am looking for one as well. If you guys/gals see any on sale over the holidays, please post.

I like shooting mine

The Gun shop and Freestate both had them in stock last week

Attachments

• IMG_20130907_105449.jpg
      IMG_20130907_105449.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 343

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    A little story about Henry's customer service:

I bought two lever action .22s for my boys; the standard non-Golden Boy. One was perfect, but the other had a front sight canted slightly to the right. Although I looked the gun over at the store, I didn't notice it. I tried fixing it, but the hole drilled in the barrel that the front sight is secured into was not centered. Kevin Maguire at Henry RAC sent me a shipping label to send the gun back. I got no hassle at all and was shocked to get it back in six days with a new barrel. The problem was fixed. Where else would the service be that good?

There are some minor things on Henry's rifles that I would like to see improved in the future, and I know a few have not been happy with some of their advertising (comparing their rifles to the original Henry's of the 19th century), but I definitely support this company. I hope they continue to grow and improve and remain American made.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Golden Boy looks good, but I went with Henry Frontier Lever Action with Oxtagon barrel. Very pleased with it and just a few dollar less. Does not have the brasslite receiver or brass butt plate. All blued instead

Same here. Frontier lever action octagon. I love its classic looks.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have a .22 mag Golden Boy with big loop lever. Great gun. Only drawback was that it required drilling into receiver by gunsmith to put scope mount on it. Henry rifles rock.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I have several of the golden boys, 44, 357/38, .22, 30-30. beautiful rifles,accurate and fun to shoot. service from henry has been incredible. the magazine tube broke at the twist lock end. I called henry they sent a call tag, I get the repaired rifle back at no charge, they cleaned it,polished it and they replaced the fore and butt stock as it was scratched up from use.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    I wonder if Henry will listen to it's customers and consider bluing their receivers and maybe adding a side loading gate to Big Boy line some day. I would imagine the prices would go up. I think they'd capture more of the cowboy action shooting crowd if they made some changes; that's a pretty big market.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    I wonder if Henry will listen to it's customers and consider bluing their receivers and maybe adding a side loading gate to Big Boy line some day. I would imagine the prices would go up. I think they'd capture more of the cowboy action shooting crowd if they made some changes; that's a pretty big market.

I believe that they listen to what we want and desire. But, IMO, the loading tube is what makes mine easier to distinguish.

http://henryrepeating.com/The-Original-Henry-Rifle.cfm

jomill613

Jun 13, 2012
    Bowie
    What type of scope have you been thinking about? I was looking at the vortex series. I have heard they are quality scopes at a mediumish price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom