• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Finally got my 80%

Thought I had steel bits for the mill at work, looks like I only have aluminum. Guess i'm gonna have to hit it up with a vice and hand drill. No biggie, just slowly work my way up from smaller bits.

Turns out the trunnion holes aren't marked on this receiver and I have to figure that out myself :ohnoes: Tips?

I've also been cross referencing the markings on the receiver with these dimensions: http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/AK47receiverplan_rev2.pdf

I've been coming up with differences of .025 or so (thats the difference on width of the front of the magwell as an example). Or

What level of accuracy am I aiming for here? Within 1/100" ? Any areas of concern as far as measurement?

Anyone have any blueprints they've had alot of success with?

This is a Romanian AKM kit btw

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Kit is here, now to gather the needed tools and fixtures. Anyone know where to find these for borrow or rent?

Harbor Freight has the 12ton press for $120

The rest of the "tools" can be fabricated pretty easy if you look around online. Alot of good ideas out there. Or just screw build and call it a day :D

I'm gonna start cutting the magwell, top rails and start drilling as well tonight.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    US barrel, not installed. The front trunnion holes are not marked as per the instructions. I saw a tool kit on GB for $62, gonna research that some more. I have a press at work so I'm good there, your welcome to use it also. Gonna stop by hardware store for some bits tonight.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    US barrel, not installed. The front trunnion holes are not marked as per the instructions. I saw a tool kit on GB for $62, gonna research that some more. I have a press at work so I'm good there, your welcome to use it also. Gonna stop by hardware store for some bits tonight.

Thanks for the offer but mine is in the mail :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom