• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Hi guys I was hoping to get maybe some advice on a cycling issue with one of my pistols. I have this old helwan brigadier (sanctioned Egyptian copy of a Beretta M1951), I'm not really sure sure how old, the guy I got it from didn't tell me too much of it's history. It does seem to be in good condition, nothing loose or broken from what I can tell. I usually get 2-3rnds fired then the slide jams back and it won't close, I usually have to drop the magazine and hit the back of the slide to get it to close. Or it will fire, eject the spent shell and then just not have enough inertia to chamber the next shell fully. I was watching this guy on YouTube review an old S&W 59, it was hanging up the same way my helwan was. The guy mentioned that the recoil spring needed to be replaced. Do you guys think that could be it or could it be something else? I tried both steel and brass case ammo, both fairly hot rounds.

Jul 1, 2012
    As I mentioned in your first thread these do have a reputation for breaking lock blocks, even though it looks ok maybe something is impending. Personally I wouldn't fire heavy/hot loads in one of these. The slide and frame (S/N) markings can give you an idea of the age and if it was one of the ones made for export, which aren't as good a quality as the early military contract guns. I don't have the decoder ring but there's probably info out there on the interwebs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom