• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Been watching the threads here for awhile. I don’t post much because I don’t know much compared to the wealth of knowledge here. Here’s the issue. I have a MPX, 8” barrel with the brace that came with it. It’s my understanding that I have to get it to 29” to SBR this to be Maryland compliant. How do I do this?
    1. Pin a suppressor? I bought one that’s still in jail (obsidian 9) but because I can make it smaller, is that legal? It’s my first one and I really don’t want to permanently attach.
    2. If I do pin the suppressor (the brace folds) is that ok, or do I have too many evil features? (heaven forbid).
    3. If I have to get a new collapsible “stock” any suggestions? Is there something out there that will get me to 29”
    4. Does anyone have any ideas? Just trying to keep it simple and be compliant. No I’m not gonna not comply. I have zero desire to do battle with the government and it’s unlimited supply of money, time and lawyers. I am hoping that we can get and injunction but until that time….

I can’t believe the ATF pulled this crap. I was really looking forward to having this suppressed and now it’s just a giant hassle trying to figure this whole thing out between what the feds want and MD.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    MPX Lage mfg fixed stock. Not sure if this long enough for you.

Attachments

• 051D4719-59B6-40B1-8185-1464A607FD71.jpeg
      051D4719-59B6-40B1-8185-1464A607FD71.jpeg
      249.5 KB · Views: 53
    • D0CCF9C9-0453-454E-B172-C5D40AD8C256.jpeg
      D0CCF9C9-0453-454E-B172-C5D40AD8C256.jpeg
      248.2 KB · Views: 54

Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County

SnuffyJD

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    If you go with the collapsable stock, longer rods are an option. I bought some a member on here made.

Here’s another option. I’m not sure the length needed is on the site, but seem to recall them doing a custom length if you contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Roger that. Just trying to avoid a fix that isn’t a fix. Is overall length measured tip of firearm to and of stock?
    End of the barrel to the end of the stock fully extended. You only count the muzzle device if it's pinned and welded.

Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County
    End of the barrel to the end of the stock fully extended. You only count the muzzle device if it's pinned and welded.
    If you go with the collapsable stock, longer rods are an option. I bought some a member on here made.

Here’s another option. I’m not sure the length needed is on the site, but seem to recall them doing a custom length if you contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotcha. I’ll look into this option as well. Thanks! Love the depth on this site.

Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County
    If I go with the telescoping stock does that make it a weapon I have to register with the ATF?
    And as long as the whole thing is 29” with the telescoping stock fully extended I get my free tax stamp and I’m MD compliant. Correct?

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If I go with the telescoping stock does that make it a weapon I have to register with the ATF?
    And as long as the whole thing is 29” with the telescoping stock fully extended I get my free tax stamp and I’m MD compliant. Correct?
    You don't have to register a rifle (as opposed to an SBR) with the ATF.

Telescoping stock plus 29"+ OAL is good to go in MD as a rifle.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Even tho it’s a handgun now?
    To be a rifle you need a 16” barrel which can include a muzzle device if pin and welded and overall length is 29” or more.
    Less than 16” barrel with a stock is an SBR which also has to have a 29” or more overall length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom