• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Ran the cases through the 9x19 sizer after running through the 7.62x25 sizing die.

Every case passed the plunk test! Little annoying having to add an additional step but out of 100 cases probably ~40 only needed that little extra sizing. The others just went in and out of the die with no extra sizing.

I'm counting it a success. Now it's off to try new powders.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Bump! I'm gonna start trying to reload this round. Any other advice?

Try the "plunk" test before you ever take the gun to the range and try to shoot your reloads.

If they don't "plunk", run them through a 9mm sizer, then check neck tension and see whether you need to crimp them.

Best thing is to only load a few dummies, so you don't end up having to resize loaded rounds, or having to pull any loaded rounds down.

If you don't get good accuracy, don't give up. There's a decent amount of different bullets I tried, most outlined in this thread. Try some different ones and see how they do.

Some of mine love 110gr M1 Carbine FMJ .308 bullets

Some want something a little greater in diameter.

Haven't had the best of luck with store-bought cast bullets and not the greatest luck with plated 110gr .308's

Still need to try my cast, powder coated bullets. Haven't been shooting pistol much for the past year due to a back injury.

Good luck, post your results and have fun!

What dies are you using?

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    as toolness said, make sure to do that plunk test. The Lee dies don't seem to re-size completely so look into (if you don't already have) getting a 9x19 sizing die as well.

If your reloads don't pass that plunk test, you'll be needing it. I've just added that step to my process.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    as toolness said, make sure to do that plunk test. The Lee dies don't seem to re-size completely so look into (if you don't already have) getting a 9x19 sizing die as well.

If your reloads don't pass that plunk test, you'll be needing it. I've just added that step to my process.

I wonder what Lee's deal is with this issue. They acted like I was the only one ever to complain to them about it when I brought it up. Even though my dad had the same issue a couple months before and contacted them.

Have you tried a CZ Vz. 52 pistol yet? I noticed on a couple different ones, they didn't need the extra step. Lee must be basing the size on the more generous Cz chamber??

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I haven't been lucky enough to grab a 52 yet...

I did try it in my cz 26 barrel and I do not need the extra step for that one. I also only have the yugo tok so I've wondered if it just is tighter than most of the other 7.62x25 chambers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom