• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bojaydk

Oct 2, 2011
    Crownsville, MD
    You know I always love to ask for input. I got my first trail camera and posted up next to a trail that lead out into this field. Caught a bunch of does and this guy, which only comes out at night. Let's hear your advice for bagging a big noctoural buck.

Attachments

• PRMS0090.jpg
      PRMS0090.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 985
    • PRMS0129.jpg
      PRMS0129.jpg
      104.8 KB · Views: 964
    • PRMS0124.jpg
      PRMS0124.jpg
      102.9 KB · Views: 983
    • PRMS0123.jpg
      PRMS0123.jpg
      104.6 KB · Views: 926
    • PRMS0105.jpg
      PRMS0105.jpg
      103.7 KB · Views: 1,028

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    just keep putting in that stand time. A doe in heat is the only thing that brings out the big boyz. for the most part. good luck!!

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Let him live till next season. By then that other brow tine will be back to normal and he'll be bigger.

Honestly your odds of legally getting him within the next month are low. Not saying impossible, but deer, especially bucks, are really hard to hunt right now.

If you can bring yourself to wait, I'm sure you will get a few opportunities on him next season.

tommygun4hire

Feb 21, 2012
    Salisbury MD.
    set up a tree stand 20 yrds out and wait till the rutt nextyear LOL
    seriously my only luck of getting the big ones is when the does are in heat . even then there is a 12 point that i have been watching for 2 years now.
    goodluck
    Tom

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Sadly, without doing something unscrupulous, next year is your best bet.
    As someone else mentioned, scout out a nice spot now and be ready for bow season next season.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    he looks good. We shot a deer on my friend's property maybe two months back, not to eat- it was sick and looked like a zombie. I think it was deer wasting disease, but I'm not sure. It was all mange riddled and had sores by it's mouth. It honestly did look like a zombie. It wasn't even scared, didn't run from us or anything. I think he knew why we were there and wanted it to be over, he looked like he must have been hurtin.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just drive back and forth on the nearby roads, chances are you will get him with your car. unfortunately wifey and i have had our share this way.

tennisdr

Apr 22, 2012
    just drive back and forth on the nearby roads, chances are you will get him with your car. unfortunately wifey and i have had our share this way.

I took one out on Falls Road a number of years ago going home at night. Jumped right in front of me. Cost more than a good rifle to fix the car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom