Help me pick out a Christmas Present (Crossbow)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I have $200 to spend and I really can't think of anything I need. But I've always thought about getting a cheap crossbow just for S&Gs.

I don't want it for hunt, or for any kind of competition shooting. (If that changes it the future, I'll spring for a better on.) I mainly want it for informal target practice (and shooting the occasional zombie).

I did a quick Google search for crossbows under $200 and these popped up.

http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=toolbar-instant&hl=en&ion=1&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS424US425#q=crossbow&hl=en&tbo=u&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS424US425&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbs=price:1,ppr_max:200&sa=X&ei=RWvCUOy2Gqyw0QHg0oFI&sqi=2&ved=0CFkQtxgoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=60d339fbedd5d490&bpcl=39650382&biw=1007&bih=752&ion=1

Anything that stands out - good or bad?

Any other recommendations?

I MUST be under $200 - that's our Christmas gift limit "rule" between me and Mrs. Safetech. (Her idea, BTW)

Edit: Her and I are not in the best physical shape from previous injuries and arthritis

deerhtr

Nov 22, 2011
    eastern shore
    my only thought is you get what ya pay for. now i understand tight budgets i am socking money away for a ar build. so that said after my research on crossbows it became obvious to me that what i thought i wanted around 200-300 for a crossbow turned into 500-600 quickly with the biggest thing i didnt think about was cocking the thing so do your research and make sure any of them is truly what you need not just want.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Barnett makes a good Xbox. That said,you will get what you pay for. I'm sure it will pluck a squirrel off your bird feeder or a Budweiser can or your foot just fine.

seabeeJordan

CAN DO!
    Dec 13, 2012
    Your going to get way you pay for you would be better off finding a used bow for 200 then buying something new for 200. I would honestly tell you to just stock up on ammo with the 200. You will get more BANG for your buck that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom