• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    or even a 21MOS, commonality with the CCW, and even after the added cost of a threaded barrel it's still cheaper than the others.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: There is a hell of a lot of good to be said about training, shooting, and carrying the same platform for SD. You get comfortable with it and when placed in a stressful situation... you will resort to your familiarity with that pistol.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I would go (and did) Glock 21 all day long. Nothing is more reliable (yes reliable can be boring) and better supported with accessories and versatility than a Glock. As pointed out previously caliber conversion is easy, trigger pull is consistent shot after shot, and operating system identical to all other Glocks.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is a point that shouldn't be underestimated IMHO. Glock's are ridiculously easy to work on, and almost anyone with reasonable mechanical skills and some simple tools can do their own work on a Glock, and there are dozens if not hundreds of Youtube videos to guide you thru almost any task you want to perform on virtually every model of Glock. Add to that the huge number of aftermarket parts and accessories available for Glock that dwarfs all others by comparison, and you've got a winner.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I dont dislike the longer slide G41 but I wish they made a G21 MOS

Word on the street is 20&21 MOS and 17&19 M models are coming soon, no idea when. Although there are plenty of smiths that will machine any existing model for a red dot for around $150, nice low mounting for co-witness with tall sights, and more rugged than the MOS system. Seems to generally be a better way of mounting it instead of screwing the sight to a thin MOS adapter plate with tiny screws, then the adapter plate to the slide. Have a 20SF, handled a new 40 and 41, the 41 isn't that much longer than the 21, but the rounded front slide corners help with handling and the overall size of the frame make the 5.3" barrel feel more like a standard fullsize than a longslide, the 40 slide is longer, to the point it ends up being too much IMO for defensive style shooting with a belt holster.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From the way he wrote his first post, the OP really, really wants an FNX. No it doesn't suck, and no reason to avoid it on purpose.

( I wouldn't pick that, and I would have different criteria, but I'm me, and he's himself, and it's all good.)

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    I know it's hard to shoot all the guns on our dream sheet, but the best I can say is shoot as many as you can and then decide. Personally I want a Range Officer, but that meets very few of your requirements, but I've shot it and I love it. Now to convince the wife....

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    I vote USP 45. I bought a like new one recently for $650. 12 rounds +1.. great pointability. I also put the match trigger kit into it. It's superb. Extremely soft shooting too.

Plus with a light mounted on it it's a great night stand pistol.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    glock 41 MOS is what you seek....glock reliability and affordable mags, plus all the aftermarket you'd need. G21 would be my choice but to suite your needs go 41.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom