• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Not bad looking metal...chiseled mum...put new furniture on it and it is not bad....good luck finding 'cheap' ammo for it.

Tavor5.56mm

Jun 6, 2013
    Maryland
    Bubba did that.

The ways of Bubba are awful and mysterious.

Bubba is the guy who takes a valuable world-heritage artifact and improves it with a hacksaw and some cold blue.

Why spend $400 on a deer rifle from Wal Mart when you can customize an irreplaceable historic artifact?

Or alternatively,

Back in the 50s and 60s, the world was awash in a lot of junky old war surplus rifles selling for $15 each, mail order. Fortunately, Bubba rose to the occasion, and transformed tens of thousands of useless old clunkers into unique and valuable customized masterpieces.

More Bubba work:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121934

NOOOOOO why who bubba's a Finn? I didn't need to see that.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Great Arisaka. Haven't seen one with a Mum that hasn't been completely trashed. It looks like it's had an attempt to deface/remove it, but it's still in decent shape.

Nice find there OP.

*The bubba'd M27 hurts, but I'm taking that off of mawkie's hands and will do my best to restore some of it's lost honor.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Oh, Threeband, I see what you mean. Haha, I thought those marks were intentional. Looking at some others, it appears that you are correct,

By the way, I have been looking for some ammo for this gun. It looks like it takes 7.7×58mm Arisaka. Does anyone know where I can find some reasonably priced ammo for this gun? The best I have found is over $30 for a box of 20 :eek:.

I would be fine with surplus or corrosive ammo, I clean them after use anyways so I think it would be OK.

Thanks!

I have a Type 99. Cabella's also carries 7.7 but less than $30.00 for factory loads is hard to find and surplus is virtually impossible. I agree with the earlier post that if you intend to shoot it often I would reload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom