• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Sorry to hear about your issues with Bill. That's the great thing about this board - so many people who've been there and done that. I put the lighter Wolf spring in my USP and am pretty happy with it so far. The match trigger has popped up a few times on line at $65 but I haven't bit yet. Did you have ant issues with the DIY? I normally don't hesitate to take things apart but this gun has been so dependable I hate to mess with it.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Buy once. Cry once. Send it to hk. Or find a good Smith. Spend a little bit more now to avoid paying double+ later is all I'm saying.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Sorry to hear about your issues with Bill. That's the great thing about this board - so many people who've been there and done that. I put the lighter Wolf spring in my USP and am pretty happy with it so far. The match trigger has popped up a few times on line at $65 but I haven't bit yet. Did you have ant issues with the DIY? I normally don't hesitate to take things apart but this gun has been so dependable I hate to mess with it.

I sent it to Bill because I can't find any match trigger kit at all. For me, the diy was straight forward as I like to take thing apart and re-assemble.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Bill finally emailed me back after 1 week and he said:

Send in the lower frame with a mag and a note with the issue. The hammer spring is the same diameter as stock?

Thanks,
    Bill

Are you freaking kidding me???? He installed a different hammer spring without verifying if it's the right one or not.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Bill finally emailed me back after 1 week and he said:

Send in the lower frame with a mag and a note with the issue. The hammer spring is the same diameter as stock?

Thanks,
    Bill

Are you freaking kidding me???? He installed a different hammer spring without verifying if it's the right one or not.

I have been warning people about him for years. Nothing has changed.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    I have been warning people about him for years. Nothing has changed.

I wish I've seen your warning before I had the work done. Apparently, he installed a wolf 12# hammer spring and called it "tuned". He's going to refund me for the set screw portion. Don't want to send anything back and have him touch anything with a 10 ft pole.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    You could have bought and installed the spring yourself like I did. The hammer spring is a fairly easy mod you can do yourself.

Yup - I changed the spring and after ~ 200rnds have had no issues. It's not a match trigger but it's a lot better. Doubt I'll bother with the full upgrade but FYI HK in Virginia wanted something like $200 including parts and shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom