• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Whatever your doctor prescribes should be between you and your doctor, including MM. It's none of the government's business. Its complete bs along with all the financial info and other bs they demand. The supreme court needs to grow a set and put a end to this ********.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

People on here always talk about the supreme court but I just dont see them making the changes very often. Its like they address 1 out of every 100 things that should be addressed.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Public safety 5-306
    Application for a wear and carry permit

(4) is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless the habitual use of the controlled dangerous substance is under legitimate medical direction;

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    not a pot smoker myself, but the hypocritical is off the charts.

you get a prescription for oxy from a dr. for x,y or z (or some other controlled substance that "outdangers pot") and you are good to go, you can buy a gun
    you get a prescription for pot from a dr. for x,y or z and you cant but a gun.

makes no sense to me.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wouldn't want to share a range with anyone who is drunk, on RX pain meds, or stoned on pot. Especially today's pot.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The medical aspect of this has sort of turned into a joke. There are Doctors out there issuing medical MJ cards to anyone with a pulse. They should just legalize it already, nationwide, and taxi it like alcohol.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    People on here always talk about the supreme court but I just dont see them making the changes very often. Its like they address 1 out of every 100 things that should be addressed.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/justicecaseload.aspx

The Justices’ Caseload

Each Term, approximately 7,000-8,000 new cases are filed in the Supreme Court. This is a substantially larger volume of cases than was presented to the Court in the last century. In the 1950 Term, for example, the Court received only 1,195 new cases, and even as recently as the 1975 Term it received only 3,940. Plenary review, with oral arguments by attorneys, is currently granted in about 80 of those cases each Term, and the Court typically disposes of about 100 or more cases without plenary review. The publication of each Term’s written opinions, including concurring opinions, dissenting opinions, and orders, can take up thousands of pages. During the drafting process, some opinions may be revised a dozen or more times before they are announced.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The medical aspect of this has sort of turned into a joke. There are Doctors out there issuing medical MJ cards to anyone with a pulse. They should just legalize it already, nationwide, and taxi it like alcohol.

The dispensaries have lists of so called dr's that they give out. So its easy to get your MM card. What a scam.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    not a pot smoker myself, but the hypocritical is off the charts.

you get a prescription for oxy from a dr. for x,y or z (or some other controlled substance that "outdangers pot") and you are good to go, you can buy a gun
    you get a prescription for pot from a dr. for x,y or z and you cant but a gun.

makes no sense to me.

I agree, and it's probably yet another way to limit gun ownership; but if I am compelled to choose between the two; it's going to be the firearm.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I agree, and it's probably yet another way to limit gun ownership; but if I am compelled to choose between the two; it's going to be the firearm.
    As will 98% of us.

My issue is someone who legitimately uses for the control of seizures or the like,..... they're now prohibited from a fundamental constitutional right?

We (as a Country) need to really get a grip on what exactly we are afraid of here.

BrianinMd

Feb 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Maybe?

Hello,
    Is there any way around this? As a good citizen(fingerprinting complete), avid range shooter, and having taken the HQL class, I was denied my handgun permit because I happen to have a medical cannabis card. I am not a habitual user but was still denied. Is there any way around this?

Maybe if you can prove you deal with or transport large sums of money? That would be another reason to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom