• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I just got an email from my wife that a left-leaning coworker of hers wants me to recommend a range where he can rent and shoot a rifle. I have talked to him before and he is the type of guy that is ok with rifle/handgun ownership but believes in universal background checks etc. Other than that he is hardcore left on everything else. The problem is I shoot on private land and do not have a good rifle range setup and I have no experience with any ranges in the area. I can offer to take him to my property but I am looking for any ideas from you all. FYI he lives in Baltimore.

Thanks

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    He may want to try Freestate Gun Range. They are probably the only range anywhere near Baltimore that both allows and rents rifle caliber firearms.

However, this guy might be better served by you taking him to shoot on whatever land you have. You could actually teach him safety and basic skills that way.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    Is it a Trap?

Assuming he actually wants to shoot (and isn't using this to write another wonderful editorial) hap baker in westminster is a public range that might work (rifle is out to 200yds). Also, I have no idea where you are going to find a public rifle range that rents rifles; so goodluck on that one.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    He may want to try Freestate Gun Range. They are probably the only range anywhere near Baltimore that both allows and rents rifle caliber firearms.

However, this guy might be better served by you taking him to shoot on whatever land you have. You could actually teach him safety and basic skills that way.
    +1000% to that guy

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I sent him an email with Freestate range's website. I also said since I don't know his level of profiency I would offer to take him and shoot whatever he wants. I don't have a nice range set up but I do like letting Dems blast away with an AK or AR.

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    Whatever you do, do not take them to Delmarva and rent the 50 BMG or the Slidefire AR.

You will scar them for life

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was being serious and sarcastic at the same time. Serious, because I thought you needed an hql to rent a firearm. Looks like I am misinformed, my apologies.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think it's a good idea to do it yourself. Teaching safety and stressing that this is a real world useful skill. Even if he does not intend on owning one, knowing how to deal with a firearm in a safe manor in a crisis situation is a valuable and possibly life saving skill.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Tell him that you will have to run a background check on him before you will let him handle any of your guns. You know, it's for the children and all:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom