help! can i get by with an lmt or will i die if i dont get a lwrc?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    I'm still trying to decide what one of these I should go with. I know I'm going with a 16 inch but I can't decide between the m6a2 LWRC or the cqb LMT. I originally wanted to go 6.8 because Im not exactly in love with 5.56 but the magazine issues and ammo cost kind of makes it almost impossible to choose it over the standard chambering. So...do I go the LMT rout and eventually get the 6.8 barrel and change it out whenever I need to or do I go LWRC and maybe buy the 6.8 upper down the road? I would realy like to take some carbine/pistol classes and maybe some 3 gun comp at some point, but at the end of the day its going to be a SHTF gun that I want to know how to run hard not just shoot cans and crap. And this is a one time deal...I'm only going to have one AR so I want to make sure its the right one for me. Any help?

nk02442

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 28, 2011
    LWRC is def a step or two down from LMT.

LMT is one of the premier makers of ar15 componets. LWRC is a civilan brand that has no military contracts. Its also a piston system (most retarded idea ever for the m16) and costs about twice as much. You could built a fully decked LMT with optics (AP/EO) for less than one of the piston bastards would cost.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Go with LWRC, they supposedly are getting or have gotten the USMC and DEA contract ...

Source for this? If you are referring to the IAR contract, I believe it went to H&K. If LWRC got a USMC contract, I'd love to know.

I'd go for the LMT. LMT is well proven and, like nk02442, I just don't get piston AR's. They might have a place with a full time suppressed SBR or something (according to some smarter people than me), but even then I'd stick with DI.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    LWRC is def a step or two down from LMT.

LMT is one of the premier makers of ar15 componets. LWRC is a civilan brand that has no military contracts. Its also a piston system (most retarded idea ever for the m16) and costs about twice as much. You could built a fully decked LMT with optics (AP/EO) for less than one of the piston bastards would cost.

I think the LMT with the changeable barrels is nearly as expensive as some of the LWRC guns, and i would go with their piston system over a DI gun. Also, you really need to stop the hate on guns and optics you think are too expensive.

Its easy to exceed the specs that colt and LMT build their guns to, and i feel LWRC has done that, with their nicorr barrels, And self lubricating coatings they use on their bolts and carriers, And even their improved bolt design.

Not to mention a piston system that keeps the gun running cleaner and cooler.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I'm still trying to decide what one of these I should go with. I know I'm going with a 16 inch but I can't decide between the m6a2 LWRC or the cqb LMT. I originally wanted to go 6.8 because Im not exactly in love with 5.56 but the magazine issues and ammo cost kind of makes it almost impossible to choose it over the standard chambering. So...do I go the LMT rout and eventually get the 6.8 barrel and change it out whenever I need to or do I go LWRC and maybe buy the 6.8 upper down the road? I would realy like to take some carbine/pistol classes and maybe some 3 gun comp at some point, but at the end of the day its going to be a SHTF gun that I want to know how to run hard not just shoot cans and crap. And this is a one time deal...I'm only going to have one AR so I want to make sure its the right one for me. Any help?

You must have watched the same CQB gun show last night that I did.

Source for this? If you are referring to the IAR contract, I believe it went to H&K. If LWRC got a USMC contract, I'd love to know.

You are right about HK getting the IAR contract. The Marine Corps has no contracts with LWRC that I know of.

OP, you sound like you plan on using this carbine a lot (classes, competition, etc.). My advice would be a DI in 5.56 due parts and ammunition price/availability. Get a quality AR (LMT is good to go) and it will run fine.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    You are right about HK getting the IAR contract. The Marine Corps has no contracts with LWRC that I know of.

OP, you sound like you plan on using this carbine a lot (classes, competition, etc.). My advice would be a DI in 5.56 due parts and ammunition price/availability. Get a quality AR (LMT is good to go) and it will run fine.

It should be noted that KAC was also passed over for a contract for the IAR.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    You need to delete a specific portion of that post. I can tell by what you wrote and the fact that you wrote it that you are not a part of the community. If you don't, appropriate folks will be notified.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I don't know how else to ask you. I'm am trying to be somewhat cool with you....it is a big deal. Now get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom