• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    We’re actually in Connelly Springs, about a half hour outside Hickory on the south shore of Rhodhiss Lake -

Probably “JD’s Smokehouse!” OMG!!!!!!!!

I owe @Squaregrouper a plate of his choice from there, too! (He installed all the aquarium at the epic Hickory Science Center before we moved here in ‘14)

Oh yeah, Corning STILL is among the foundational employers in this area, too!

Born and bred here are salt o’ the Earth for most part but, lotsa immigration escaping the DemonRat destroyed northeast … some of dem are salt as well and some, well, sigh.

No doubt about it, “the secrets out”, haha.
    I’ll be heading to Biltmore later this year. Looking for good recommendations for food.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I’ll be heading to Biltmore later this year. Looking for good recommendations for food.

You’re gonna love Biltmore, STILL amazing to this day!

About an hour East of TRASHville, JD’s is literally 1,000 yards off Rte 40 at Exit 113 - they are only open Thursdays through Sat.s and the dinner hour can be crushing but, if you’re passing by anytime 11am - 4pm Thur-Sat you won’t be disappointed. The brisket, pulled pork and ribs melt on the tongue and the Jalapeno cheese grits, hash brown casserole and stuffed baked potato casserole make choosing side tough, haha!

Black Mountain is 1/2 the way closer and also has some great spots …

… a neighbors daughter is the founder of Sunshine Sammies handmade ice cream sandwiches so, while your in A’ville that’d make for a stellar sweet stop, too!

essence1st

Disarmed by complacency.
    Oct 21, 2022
    Md
    You’re gonna love Biltmore, STILL amazing to this day!

About an hour East of TRASHville, JD’s is literally 1,000 yards off Rte 40 at Exit 113 - they are only open Thursdays through Sat.s and the dinner hour can be crushing but, if you’re passing by anytime 11am - 4pm Thur-Sat you won’t be disappointed. The brisket, pulled pork and ribs melt on the tongue and the Jalapeno cheese grits, hash brown casserole and stuffed baked potato casserole make choosing side tough, haha!

Black Mountain is 1/2 the way closer and also has some great spots …

… a neighbors daughter is the founder of Sunshine Sammies handmade ice cream sandwiches so, while your in A’ville that’d make for a stellar sweet stop, too!
    The Vanderbilt estate is amazing. I’d be curious to see their financial statements. The sight is worth more than a few measly shots on a smart phone. Take your Nikon and maybe a tripod.

Grits? These boys up here don’t know what a grit is, if it’s not on their sand paper or that deep, down Scottish pluck. Is cream of wheat not on the menu? If they were bold enough to try this grits stuff, please advise them not to put sugar in them.

If you go to Black Mountain, you must call on ole HK Edgerton. It would be no bother to him to tell you that you should save your confederate money because the south will rise again.

Several decades ago he was the head of a NAACP chapter. Since he “saw the light” he has marched to TX from “Trasheville” in his gray garb with the battle flag unfurled. He has done multiple demonstrations including the one pictured below. This was him outside the SC statehouse when that fine Nikki Haley removed the battle flag from the grounds in 2015. The interesting thing I witnessed about that event is that most of those castigating him were the white liberals. They would hear none of his arguments. The blacks that approached him listened to his explanation and some agreed with him. We caught some on video. He really is a fascinating fellow.

If your interested in meeting him, PM me and I’ll get you touch. You can have bobbyq anywhere. It’s the memory of the people met that you can’t replace.

006A38AD-5047-4098-83F7-2BEAE79531EE.png

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Welcome. One of our long time members (august1410) relocated from MD to New Bern a few years ago.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Welcome! My Grandparents lived in New Bern, so I spent a lot of time there as a kid. Great place but I was forced to drink a lot of inferior Pepsi when all I wanted was a Coke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom