• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was wondering how long it was going to be before there was a followup lawsuit. DC knows it was in defiance of the ruling with how they chose to approach things in the wake of the ruling, but I think they wanted to see just how far they could push it for how long.

Heller is my hero. :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    anyone else find it interesting that the district completely controlled by the federal govt has some pretty bad schools, high crime and they break the law whenever they feel like it? yeah giving the fed's more power to run things is sure a good idea alright

To make it more ironic the same day they passed th4e emergency legislation they passed an additional two hundred or so million dollars they said they desperately needed for their school budget....and that same day the DC Attorney General said that they expected to be sued over the new gun law.
    I mean they are begging for money for the schools and at the same time they pass a law they know is going to cost them a fortune defending. :sad20:

By the way, when the federal government ran DC crime was not too bad and the schools were ok.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    The only thing the Heller case proved is that Supreme Court decisions are unenforceable. Otherwise, Mayor Fenty and his crew would be in jail right now for treason or some other such high crime.

It was nice to get an SC win, but the fact that Fenty is not only still a free man, but still in power, shows that the Supreme Court is an academic institution at best and the US Constitution holds no sway over modern lawmakers.

The fact that this blatant defiance stands sets a dangerous precedent for all future Supreme Court rulings.

Sadly I think I agree :(

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I just finished reading the filing and I'm a bit troubled by some of what it contains.

Throughout the filing they keep talking about semi-autos that fire less than 12 rounds. Even assuming Heller gets everything he wants, effectively it sets precedent that any semi-auto with a magazine capacity greater than 12 rounds would be considered unlawful. Is that something that we want?

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    What was it Jackson said when the Court ruled that the removal of Indians was unconstitutional?

"John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it!"

FYI... the trail of tears happened anyway... And Jackson is still remembered as one of our greats.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    This is open and shut.

The US Circuit Court that ruled in Parker v DC is going to bitch slap Fenty this time.

Recall Judge Silberman's Majority Opinion in that case.....it smacked down Fenty pretty smartly.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Do you know what I find to be interesting about this? There has been very little news coverage of this story, yet it's a pretty big deal. And they say the media has no bias. Right! :rolleyes:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You can bet Mr. Heller and his attorneys know all about Mdshooters.com.

I mentioned MDShooters to one of his lawyers in a conversation with him when he was not doing anything while Heller and the main lawyer were doing an interview and he did not seem as if he knew about us.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    This is open and shut.

The US Circuit Court that ruled in Parker v DC is going to bitch slap Fenty this time.

Recall Judge Silberman's Majority Opinion in that case.....it smacked down Fenty pretty smartly.
    Sorry to be "glass half full", but I will believe that when I see it.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Sorry to be "glass half full", but I will believe that when I see it.

It seems pretty likely to me on at least the gun lock part of law.

U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit:
    Section 7-2507.02, like the bar on carrying a pistol within the home, amounts to a complete prohibition on the lawful use of handguns for self-defense. As such, we hold it unconstitutional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom