• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Well, as I posted before we lost Uncle Curly 2 weeks ago. RIP. He was an enlisted sailor in WW2, but I cant remember his assignments other than he was in the Pacific. He and my Grandfather who was a WW2 Marine (3rd Div) palled around after the war and they were nothing but hell raisers. Both are now gone, Pop in 2011 and now Uncle Curly. Pop had to throw all his stuff overboard halfway back to Pearl from Iwo Jima. What pains me is that he was known as the hoarder of his platoon. He had all kinds of treasures to bring home but they dumped EVERYTHING overboard due to fear of bringing back disease to the States. Orders are orders I guess. Uncle Curly gave me these a few years ago, and I cherish them more than anything else in my WW2 collection. Thought you KaBar guys would like to see them.

tyjaresy.jpg

erary8u2.jpg

yvyhe6ed.jpg

ma2atagy.jpg

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Very nice!!!!!!!!

Before my Dad passed, he told me to get all of his 'stuff' out of the house.
    He didn't want my sisters b/f to get anything.

I've got his USN Mk 2 knife, M1905 Bayonet (original length. 16", I think!) and his Japanese bayonet.
    The M1905 is still in cosmoline!

Somewhere in Mom's house, I think, Dad still has a couple of Japanese swords.

I gotta get this stuff out and take some pics of them.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Those knives are awesome, and even though I don't know you, I'm sorry for your loss... At least you will have some great items to pass down to your kids one day.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice treasures. My old WWII Kabar is my favorite although It doesn't have a personal connection to my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom