• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Had 5 Does walk up from behind yesterday while bow hunting, I was 25' up in open hardwoods with very crunchy leaves,, My hearing SUCKS.

About 5 years ago I bought a set Honeywell electronic sound amplification shooting muffs ($40) for Deer hunting with shotgun,,
    I just wanted to protect my hearing while deer hunting.
    The amplification turned out to be great,, as I finally could hear deer approaching.
    Comfort is "OK" for about 2 hours or so,, after 3 hours they are uncomfortable,, but that is fine for my management gun hunts.

I am looking for something similar to the electronic Honeywell earmuffs,, without the heavy muffs to use while bow hunting,,
    I am envisioning a lightweight headband with small open muffs with the electronics.

Does this exist,, I did google but overwhelmed with the search results.
    I do not want individual "Hearing aid" style pieces,, I will loose and/or break them.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    OK this may or may not work, but there is a new fangled headphone out there. It uses bone conducting technology. The sit around your ear not in it. They work! They are wireless bluetooth. Wife and I have them. See the article below. In the article they talk about using an app to make it work. But I was thinking you could use a bluetooth microphone with the aftershokz.

Side note: these things are great. For running, walking, biking. Because your ears are not covered or plugged, you can hear cars approaching, etc. Sometimes with regular headphones or plugs the world around you disappears.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    OK this may or may not work, but there is a new fangled headphone out there. It uses bone conducting technology. The sit around your ear not in it. They work! They are wireless bluetooth. Wife and I have them. See the article below. In the article they talk about using an app to make it work. But I was thinking you could use a bluetooth microphone with the aftershokz.

Side note: these things are great. For running, walking, biking. Because your ears are not covered or plugged, you can hear cars approaching, etc. Sometimes with regular headphones or plugs the world around you disappears.
    Thanks,,
    So I would be looking for ones with the microphones built in,,
    Looks like walker makes them,, but $200 is out of the price range I was looking in.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

If you're thinking about using these things with your phone and an app for the purpose of replacing hearing aids I would tell you not to bother. I already have a couple of these headsets for listening to music, etc, on my phone and I had the same idea. I used an app and the delay pretty much makes it worthless. I think I used a Google app. At first I searched for an app in the Google Store but all of the comments on the apps I found echoed my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    If you're thinking about using these things with your phone and an app for the purpose of replacing hearing aids I would tell you not to bother. I already have a couple of these headsets for listening to music, etc, on my phone and I had the same idea. I used an app and the delay pretty much makes it worthless. I think I used a Google app. At first I searched for an app in the Google Store but all of the comments on the apps I found echoed my experience. Your mileage may vary.
    Not looking for "Headphones" to pair to a phone.
    I like my electronic muffs for gun hunting,, as I can turn them up so I can actually deer the deer (My hearing sucks).
    I am looking for something like my electronic muffs,, but without the heavy "Muff" part,, A stand alone lightweight head set to use while bow hunting.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Amazon product ASIN B0924V9FW3

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics