Headed to OC for the weekend. Any gun shops/ranges worth visiting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    The Gun Merchant on 313 coming south out of Federalsburg comes highly recommended by one of my co-workers. I would have stopped in there sometime, but nowhere to park the truck.

Feb 28, 2013
    There's also one at the southwest corner of 404 and 309 in Queen Anne.

Is that one in Georgetown the guy with the signs out front sayin' they "specialize in exotic arms"?

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    arthur's shooters supply, Gunsmoke is a range not much in the way of guns but he does have a few

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    The Gun Merchant on 313 coming south out of Federalsburg comes highly recommended by one of my co-workers. I would have stopped in there sometime, but nowhere to park the truck.

That guy has some cool stuff and is centered on a beautiful piece of property.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Lighthouse guns and gear in Selbyville. Not far up rt 54 from ocean city. A lot of good stuff packed in a small place. Best shop around those parts.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Is Albrights in Easton worthwhile? Haven't been there in 15 years.
    If you are from the western shore and want to buy an expensive OU for your yearly duck trip to the shore ;)

There is Shore Sportsman on 50 in Easton, Dicks in Easton by the Target on the bypass and Gander Mountain in Salisbury.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    +1. Stopped going to Cruiser weekends probably back in 2001, always rained in the Spring and the Fall. It looks like awesome weather this weekend.
    Same here. 2 straight years of sweatily huddling together under awnings waiting for the rain to stop put an end to that trip.

Good weather just means that the one guy will be back out with his 5gal bucket of water for the burn outs on the strip.... as if most of those cars actually need it :)

Feb 28, 2013
    I live about 5mi from there, didn't know it was there. Where exactly is it? You got Chicken Man/Royal Farms on one side of 309 and Keens on the other, where's the gun so shop?

Actually that was my goof. :facepalm:

It's at 404 and Ridgely Rd. Drove by there today. :)

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    If you come out 404 and go through Lewes DE there is a gun shop called steel's on rt9 that has all kinds of used older guns. Also to throw a bone there way Tuckahoe Sportsman are great people. They supy us with all of the guns for our gunbash. If you stop by there check out our tickets and come bake to the shore in a week and a half for a good time and good eats.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I live about 5mi from there, didn't know it was there. Where exactly is it? You got Chicken Man/Royal Farms on one side of 309 and Keens on the other, where's the gun so shop?

Actually that was my goof. :facepalm:

It's at 404 and Ridgely Rd. Drove by there today. :)

SB got it fixed. I only went in there once and that was because of the Denton Gun Bash that Firemanyz mentions. Nice shop with a good selection of guns, at least when I was in there. Very nice people.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I went by Larry's Trading Post in Berlin, MD. I was greeted friendly and looked around the shop Larry was helping someone so I ask the older heavier male employee to check out the VP9.

He repeatedly told me not to rack the slide, I removed the mag and he got mad that I was going to pull it back. he was telling me it was pricey and the finish would wear. I didn't trust if it was hot or not. I put the firearm down and walked out.

Larry didn't say anything but I look young so I guess I was being judged or they are playing roulette. too bad Had alot of high end even a half dozen nighthawks

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    No need to buy from a place that's anal like that. I would understand if its a $150,000 Over/Under, not a dime/dozen H&K LOL

jehu

May 23, 2005
    Jason that could have been me you dealt with. If people continually rack the slide on a new gun it scar's the barrel hood and when some people see that they think the gun has been used and they won't buy it. That's why you see the NightHawk's and other expensive guns strapped up with a Zip tie. I was not mad but had to be adamant about store policy. And IMO there's no need to rack the slide after all it was an HK.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom