• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The Leftists sit in wait for these tragedies to occur so they can dance in the blood of their victims. They need these tragedies to happen or they have nothing to vent their faux outrage about. Without outrage, they have no issue. They would rather address an inanimate object than actually address something substantive.

She's just repeating the mantra..others will dutifully follow.

Nothing to do with venting their "outrage"
    They wait for these tragedies to occur so they can further their CONTROL over the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    As the shooter did in the 72 minute response window?

Have you ever shot anything suppressed? Not trying to be a dick, but with what this guy was shooting it would have made absolutely no difference. It doesn't look like he was shooting subsonic ammo. The crack of the rounds going over would have still been there, and there is still a report from the muzzle of the rifle, it's just suppressed, not eliminated. In 72 minutes, they would have noticed people dropping, heard the rounds coming in, and seen the broken out window in the hotel accross the way.

Do you realize how silly you sound? So serious!

Suggestion: when you read something that sounds unlikely or "off," read it again more carefully. ASk yourself, "What is the author's intention? Is he serious? If not, what might suggest that this is intended as sarcasm? Did the author provide any subtle clues? Something like
    He would probably still be shooting! Thousands would be dead, and no one would be able to figure out what was going on!

This is called "critical reading."

The writer is engaging in outrageously absurd hyperbolic nonsense. There is not a HINT of subtlety or nuance to the idea that the shooter "...would probably still be shooting..." a full day after the event.

Some people are entirely tone deaf: cannot comprehend music.
    Some are color blind: cannot discern color.
    He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

That is the entire point of my post. You really can't figure that out without training wheels?

But Hillary seems to believe something very very similar to what I posted.

By the way, yes I know how loud suppressed rifles are.
    I also know how loud bullets are whizzing close over my head hundreds of yards down range. Do you? They are VERY LOUD. They are EAR SPLITTING.

But Hillary doesn't know that. That is the point.

A Little Lesson From History

In 1886, rumors began circulating in Germany that France had invented a new rifle, the Lebel, that not only made no smoke at all (smokeless powder), but was absolutely silent as well. The Germans were alarmed!

Obviously the danger was that the French could invade Germany without anyone even noticing.

Perhaps they already had!

He that hath ears to hear...

1343410706.jpg

The Lebel Model 1886 - Absolutely Undetectable????

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Suggestion: when you read something that sounds unlikely or "off," read it again more carefully. ASk yourself, "What is the author's intention? Is he serious? If not, what might suggest that this is intended as sarcasm? Did the author provide any subtle clues? Something like

NBC news is reporting the 72 minute response

Using the smoke alarm is way faster than conducting room to room searches, but still a long time.

The SWAT team took 20 minutes to locate the shooter using the smoke alarms

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/...las-vegas-shooters-room-retired-officer-says/

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Hillary seemed to suggest a silencer would have made him as undetectable as the Lebel-equipped French.

I was lampooning her stupidity.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland

This is called "critical reading."

The writer is engaging in outrageously absurd hyperbolic nonsense. There is not a HINT of subtlety or nuance to the idea that the shooter "...would probably still be shooting..." a full day after the event.

Some people are entirely tone deaf: cannot comprehend music.
    Some are color blind: cannot discern color.
    He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

That is the entire point of my post. You really can't figure that out without training wheels?

But Hillary seems to believe something very very similar to what I posted.

By the way, yes I know how loud suppressed rifles are.
    I also know how loud bullets are whizzing close over my head hundreds of yards down range. Do you? They are VERY LOUD. They are EAR SPLITTING.

But Hillary doesn't know that. That is the point.

A Little Lesson From History

In 1886, rumors began circulating in Germany that France had invented a new rifle, the Lebel, that not only made no smoke at all (smokeless powder), but was absolutely silent as well. The Germans were alarmed!

Obviously the danger was that the French could invade Germany without anyone even noticing.

Perhaps they already had!

He that hath ears to hear...

1343410706.jpg

The Lebel Model 1886 - Absolutely Undetectable????

Incredibly long post for something that could have been summed up with :sarcasm: But point taken.

Next point, was the guy who said suppressors can't stand up to full auto fire on the previous page being sarcastic or does he just need educated on suppressors too (There are MANY full auto rated suppressors)? My critical reading is a little off.

Buckeye_Nut

Jun 15, 2017
    Waldorf
    I seem to recall that the old normal was for a defeated Presidential candidate to just STFU. I don't remember hearing a lot from Romney after he lost.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It's too late for there to be a "Democratic" Party, there's very little about the DEMOCRAT Party, that's still, Democratic:sad20:.

Absolutely. There's nothing Democratic about the Democrat Party. One reason they've been as politically effective as they is that they march in lockstep...even with the poor quality of their positions. The Republican Party is full of much more diverse minds and opinions, which does much to explain why they've been so ineffective...they refuse to march in lockstep.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    She went off again, complaining that the NRA is complicit in this shooting, blah blah blah. STFU Hilary!

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    Silencers?

What an ass. She says to turn politics aside on one side of the comma and gets political on the other side.

Huh? A silencer would have made a worse situation? STUPID! It was at a country rock concert.........I can't even hear myself think at one of these shows..........

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Even if the shooter had suppressors, the guts of them would likely have deteriorated pretty quickly from such shooting and they would quickly become useless. Supressors don't tolerate such intense shooting...they're intended for subsonic ammunition and single-shot or short bursts. In the end, the numbers of killed and injured may have changed somewhat, but there's no way in telling whether it would have been worse or less so.

It's a rhetorical argument that changes nothing.

Interesting. So shooting a suppressor made completely of titanium, including the baffles will deteriorate?

And even those rated for full auto with full charge supersonic ammo?

REALLY?

Do you own a suppressor? Have you ever shot with one? Have you ever even researched them?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Instead of a suppressor, what would have happened if he had been firing a bolt action rifle? How long would it have taken people to hear the pop .................. pop .................. pop?

People around those hit would know something was happening, but how long for the crowd to realize.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Interesting. So shooting a suppressor made completely of titanium, including the baffles will deteriorate?

And even those rated for full auto with full charge supersonic ammo?

REALLY?

Do you own a suppressor? Have you ever shot with one? Have you ever even researched them?

Careful Pinecone. I got my hands slapped in this thread over someone being bad at sarcasm. Maybe the guy was just being sarcastic instead of uninformed on the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom