• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    To give you a glimpse of what we're facing Tuesday, check out the lie on Senator Beidle's page:
    https://www.pambeidle.com
    "SB958*and*SB1050*close illegal gun loopholes to make sure that fewer people have access to illegal guns and increase penalties for failure to report gun thefts"

"illegal guns". That's a catchy phrase. I look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday, Nickberg500.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Alrighty then. Who's coming to testify on SB958 tomorrow? The hearing starts at noon. That means signup for testimony will close at 11am. I'll be there if I'm in a position to draw breath on this earth. How 'bout you?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Alrighty then. Who's coming to testify on SB958 tomorrow? The hearing starts at noon. That means signup for testimony will close at 11am. I'll be there if I'm in a position to draw breath on this earth. How 'bout you?

I plan on being there. Hopefully there will be fewer Moms Demanding Attention than showed up to testify for SB0208, which made for a really long day.

I'm actually considering changing all the references to "self-made firearms" in my testimony to "undocumented guns". Nice analogy.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I'll be there. Writing up by testimony now, trying to focus on how it will impact my family. Open to suggestions.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I plan on being there. Hopefully there will be fewer Moms Demanding Attention than showed up to testify for SB0208, which made for a really long day.

I'm actually considering changing all the references to "self-made firearms" in my testimony to "undocumented guns". Nice analogy.

I kinda like "Modern Hobby Guns". Kinda goes with Modern Sporting Rifle.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Except in my case what I'm interested in machining these days is repros of antique cartridge guns. So, modern as of the late 19th Century, maybe.

Okay. Traditional Hobby Guns. Or just Hobby Guns. How about "your arts and crafts"? In the end, they are your freedom of speech as expressed in the shaping of blocks of metal and/or plastic.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Okay. How about "your arts and crafts"? In the end, they are your freedom of speech as expressed in the shaping of blocks of metal and/or plastic.

Absolutely. And don't forget shaping wood, too, for us traditional stock types.

The Antis seem to be under the delusion that the only people who fabricate their own firearms do so because they can't legally buy them, and that it's done by googling "killing machine" on a Lulzbot and waiting two minutes for a machine gun to pop out fully loaded.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Taxes are a bad word this session, this again taxes citizens while criminals don’t gaf. MD citizens are good people, this bill throws out the baby with the bath water, learn to properly deal with the damn water. Obama said “We are not coming for your guns” that is exactly the burden this bill places on those he was talking to, full well knowing there are laws against the examples of murder numbers proponents of this law are mentioning/ twisting into deceptive nonsense.

It’s difficult to see T45 say he’s protecting 2A rights when he knows that power rests with the states. SCOTUS doesn’t have take any cases ... how many murders since that NYSRP?? case has been brought?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Absolutely. And don't forget shaping wood, too, for us traditional stock types.

The Antis seem to be under the delusion that the only people who fabricate their own firearms do so because they can't legally buy them, and that it's done by googling "killing machine" on a Lulzbot and waiting two minutes for a machine gun to pop out fully loaded.

Yep. I do so for the joy of doing something with my hands, and learning more about something I enjoy.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Had family medical emergency this morning. Everything is fine now. My plans for testifying today just got a little scrambled. Would someone please post the JPR bill order for today?

Here is a link to the MDGA Senate JPR page that lists the bills to be heard today:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsi...0?budget=show&cmte=jpr&updates=show&ys=2020rs

Usually the Chairman announces a “bill order” at the very beginning of the hearing but that bill order goes out the window very quickly as bill sponsors suddenly appear or disappear.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The Senate JPR hearing is scheduled to go live at 12 NOON: a “live” button to click appears on their agenda page for today when the cameras are turned on.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsi...0?budget=show&cmte=jpr&updates=show&ys=2020rs

I’ll post a direct link to the JPR livestream page when it comes online HERE:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Committees/Media/true?cmte=jpr

GUN BILLS ON THE JPR AGENDA TODAY:

1.). SB 672: “Theft of a Handgun”

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0672?ys=2020rs

2.). SB 674: “Gun Theft Felony Act of 2020”

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0674?ys=2020rs

3.). SB 958: “Criminal Law - Untraceable Firearms”

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0958?ys=2020rs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics