• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The MOMs are sharpening up their long knives for Bobby Z, lol. Along with the cat fight to see who ascends to sit in Mike Busch's fart infested chair next year should be a complete sh!t show.

Don't worry, they'll almost certainly start eating their own in a few days once the magnitude of the loss sinks in. Today, Atterbeary is a hero. She'll be the George Armstrong Custer of the Bloomberg Army by the end of the week. Zirkin's seat will be safer than hers.

Every gun owner in MD needs to publicly and profusely thank her for her stubbornness and arrogance. Without it, the antis would have likely had a victory, albeit a slightly less crushing one than they dreamed of.

Thank you Del. Atterbeary! May you fight the same way next session!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am glad this stuff went down in flames.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why all of the exemptions in HB786 and 737 were stripped out when it was changed from transfer to sell? The whole thing was ill conceived, but what blows my mind is that as written it would do things like require LEA's to have to undergo a NICS check if they bought directly from a manufacturer if that manufacturer doesn't have a dealers license. Most of the exemptions, if it stayed with BUY/SELL, rather than transfer made some sense to me. Why a NICS check on immediate family if you are selling a gun to them? Why would a law enforcement officer need a NICS check?

Hell, I know I've beaten this drum, but they even fricken recognized that a C&R license MEANT something. Which is a gosh darn modern miracle.

I want this thing to stay dead...but can we recognize C&R licenses mean something with regulated firearms in Maryland? I know no chance of that, but a boy can dream.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    There is a sequence of events remaining:
    1. The bills must be presented to the Governor no later than 28APR2019 for his review.
    2. He has until 28MAY2019 to consider his choices. If both bills (HB1343 / SB1000) are presented to him, he will choose one bill on which to act:
      1. He must make one of three choices on the bill he chooses.
        1. Sign the bill into law (which would take effect as soon as Mike Miller completes his signature - the bills are all signed by, in order, the Speaker of the House, the Governor, the Senate President).
        2. Refuse to sign, but allow the bill to become law on 28MAY2019.
        3. Veto the law (which will, in all reality, be one of the first veto overrides of the 2020 Session next year).
      2. He will veto the other bill as "duplicative" (symbolic veto whenever cross-filed bills both pass all the way through).

IF* one of the bills becomes law:
    1. Within 30 days of enactment, all pending HPRB applicants (regardless of type) will receive a notice from DPSCS advising applicants about the OAH.
    2. Within 30 days of receiving said notice, previous pending HPRB applicants will need to file a request with OAH to be heard, and may amend their complaints at that time.

*Yes, yes, I know what people think and I will simply say I do not have specific information concerning whether or not the occupant of the Governor's Mansion will in fact veto this power grab.

Excellent summary; thanks.

Our attention and effort should now turn to Hogan, to urge him to veto this thing. At a minimum it buys more time for more applicants to get in front of the board and get reasonable reviews of their permits and restrictions. That's worth the effort, even if the 2020 GA eventually overrides the veto.

Don't worry, they'll almost certainly start eating their own in a few days once the magnitude of the loss sinks in. Today, Atterbeary is a hero. She'll be the George Armstrong Custer of the Bloomberg Army by the end of the week. Zirkin's seat will be safer than hers.

Every gun owner in MD needs to publicly and profusely thank her for her stubbornness and arrogance. Without it, the antis would have likely had a victory, albeit a slightly less crushing one than they dreamed of.

Except the first bolded part contradicts the second bolded part. I suggest we let her swim in her own arrogance and ignorance ... precisely so that she self-righteously gums up the works next year as well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Don't point out her shortcomings. She may read a self-help book or something and be more effective next session.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thank you to all the folks who "pressed the flesh" with their delegates and senators. I appreciate everyone who was able to get down there and get some face time. No doubt Jeff (Rack and Roll) was down there doing the heavy lifting with the others (the usual suspects). I was able to email my delegates, but don't think it made a difference on their vote.

Thank you again,

Q

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Most SJWs I've ever known just double down on a loss. She may very well conclude she just wasn't dedicated and aggressive enough.

Yup. They never learn. Just look at what the Dems, nationally, seem to be thinking will win in the wake of Hillary’s loss. They ignore the vast middle and pander to the noisy extremes in order to sooth the small but toxic Twitter mob, thinking that appeasing terrorists will work out just this one time. I’d like to encourage them to go even harder at the craziness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom