• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Copy of the letter I just sent to Gov Hogan and my delegate/senators. I borrowed a couple of examples from Zoo's original post because they were so good. I hope it was OK to do so. Anyway:

I'm writing to you today with extreme urgency and concern. Much to my disbelief, HB1302 has received overwhelming support in the House, even amongst supposed "friends" of gun rights. I'm asking for you to NOT support this legislation. While it may seem like a good bill, one particular clause will be a danger to citizens' due process and cause them to lose possession of their firearms for no reason. That clause is : (III) ANY OTHER INTERESTED PERSON. Besides allowing a doctor, therapist, or police officer being allowed to order an EP against a citizen, this clause allows "any other interested person" to swear out a complaint against a gun owner for nothing more than malicious intent and without consequence.

The gun owner would then have their firearms confiscated until an evaluation cleared them, upon which they "may" receive their guns back in 6 days.

Number one, nobody will get their guns back in 6 days. Even when cleared, according to officers I know who already do this, it can take up to 6 MONTHS for them to get their guns back. Bureaucracy in this state is slow; when it comes to gun owners, it almost stops. So legally owned property is confiscated for 6 months without due process?

Number two, ANYBODY could file a complaint against somebody they knows owns guns just to get even with them. Estranged relatives, ex-partners and spouses, stalkers, embittered ex-girlfriends and boyfriends, the drunken neighbor you called 911 on when he was beating his wife, the guy you called 911 on and reported for DWI one day in traffic, the employee you fired for stealing, the co-worker you reported for sexual harassment, your druggie relative who you won't give money to, the Facebook troll who despises your online politics and lives in or near Maryland, even the crazy bag lady who hates you because she thinks your cat is stealing her soul when it stares at her from your window, anybody who doesn't like you can get your guns seized. All they have to do is accuse you of threatening them. This is ridiculous!

And while the law claims there would be punishment for wrongful claims, we know nobody will be held accountable. Nobody will be tried for perjury in these cases. Instead the gun owner will have his/her private property seized from them based on false allegations, they'll have to hire an attorney to fight the charges in court, and then wait 6 months to get their property back (hopefully in the same condition they were in when taken; although that won't likely happen either).

In closing, as a law abiding gun owner, I am sick and tired of being punished and having my rights infringed upon based on the actions of criminals. One single lunatic kid in Florida (who should have been stopped long before the heinous crime he committed, but wasn't due to MULTIPLE GOVERNMENT FAILURES over a long period of time) and now I have to have my Constitutionally guaranteed rights (due process and gun rights) taken from me? I don't think so.

From the FBI not following up on a tip that this guy was dangerous. To the Broward county sheriff's NOT going into the school when they arrived. From the FL Dept of Social Services visiting the shooter's home 69 times and not taking action. From the shooter's therapist stating the shooter's leanings toward mass shootings. From the 2012 federal legislation bribing states with funding to underreport or cover up juvenile records to give the false impression minority crime was decreasing thus allowing this shooter to buy weapons with his "clean" NICS record. All of these failures and I'm to blame? The NRA is to blame? The average law abiding gun owner is to blame? Not the FBI, not the Broward Sheriff's Dept, not the FL DSS, not the federal legislation hiding his record from the NICS database, nor any of the other officials who saw the danger possible and did nothing? Punish the gun owner?

I don't think so!!

I expect you to wholeheartedly oppose and work to defeat this deceptive, illegal, and unconstitutional legislation and other similar legislation.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    You can remove that sarcasm emoji. There's more truth to your statement than any of us want to believe.

Maybe somebody should send a letter to every member of the Maryland General ASSembly, asking them what they perceive to be the legal distinctions between US Citizenship and non-citizens, to enumerate the practical differences between the two statuses, and to list the benefits/detriments of each status.

Most of them would choke and gag if they even gave it serious thought.

I bet the first, and for some the only distinction they could come up with would be that citizens can vote, which in and of itself would be a joke.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Maybe somebody should send a letter to every member of the Maryland General ASSembly, asking them what they perceive to be the legal distinctions between US Citizenship and non-citizens, to enumerate the practical differences between the two statuses, and to list the benefits/detriments of each status.

Most of them would choke and gag if they even gave it serious thought.

I bet the first, and for some the only distinction they could come up with would be that citizens can vote, which in and of itself would be a joke.

That's a great idea? Not only for Maryland, but all of the other sanctuary states.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Copy of the letter I just sent to Gov Hogan and my delegate/senators. I borrowed a couple of examples from Zoo's original post because they were so good. I hope it was OK to do so. Anyway:

I'm writing to you today with extreme urgency and concern. Much to my disbelief, HB1302 has received overwhelming support in the House, even amongst supposed "friends" of gun rights. I'm asking for you to NOT support this legislation. While it may seem like a good bill, one particular clause will be a danger to citizens' due process and cause them to lose possession of their firearms for no reason. That clause is : (III) ANY OTHER INTERESTED PERSON. Besides allowing a doctor, therapist, or police officer being allowed to order an EP against a citizen, this clause allows "any other interested person" to swear out a complaint against a gun owner for nothing more than malicious intent and without consequence.

The gun owner would then have their firearms confiscated until an evaluation cleared them, upon which they "may" receive their guns back in 6 days.

Number one, nobody will get their guns back in 6 days. Even when cleared, according to officers I know who already do this, it can take up to 6 MONTHS for them to get their guns back. Bureaucracy in this state is slow; when it comes to gun owners, it almost stops. So legally owned property is confiscated for 6 months without due process?

Number two, ANYBODY could file a complaint against somebody they knows owns guns just to get even with them. Estranged relatives, ex-partners and spouses, stalkers, embittered ex-girlfriends and boyfriends, the drunken neighbor you called 911 on when he was beating his wife, the guy you called 911 on and reported for DWI one day in traffic, the employee you fired for stealing, the co-worker you reported for sexual harassment, your druggie relative who you won't give money to, the Facebook troll who despises your online politics and lives in or near Maryland, even the crazy bag lady who hates you because she thinks your cat is stealing her soul when it stares at her from your window, anybody who doesn't like you can get your guns seized. All they have to do is accuse you of threatening them. This is ridiculous!

And while the law claims there would be punishment for wrongful claims, we know nobody will be held accountable. Nobody will be tried for perjury in these cases. Instead the gun owner will have his/her private property seized from them based on false allegations, they'll have to hire an attorney to fight the charges in court, and then wait 6 months to get their property back (hopefully in the same condition they were in when taken; although that won't likely happen either).

In closing, as a law abiding gun owner, I am sick and tired of being punished and having my rights infringed upon based on the actions of criminals. One single lunatic kid in Florida (who should have been stopped long before the heinous crime he committed, but wasn't due to MULTIPLE GOVERNMENT FAILURES over a long period of time) and now I have to have my Constitutionally guaranteed rights (due process and gun rights) taken from me? I don't think so.

From the FBI not following up on a tip that this guy was dangerous. To the Broward county sheriff's NOT going into the school when they arrived. From the FL Dept of Social Services visiting the shooter's home 69 times and not taking action. From the shooter's therapist stating the shooter's leanings toward mass shootings. From the 2012 federal legislation bribing states with funding to underreport or cover up juvenile records to give the false impression minority crime was decreasing thus allowing this shooter to buy weapons with his "clean" NICS record. All of these failures and I'm to blame? The NRA is to blame? The average law abiding gun owner is to blame? Not the FBI, not the Broward Sheriff's Dept, not the FL DSS, not the federal legislation hiding his record from the NICS database, nor any of the other officials who saw the danger possible and did nothing? Punish the gun owner?

I don't think so!!

I expect you to wholeheartedly oppose and work to defeat this deceptive, illegal, and unconstitutional legislation and other similar legislation.

Dear Mr. Bisleyfan44.

I'm writing regarding your most recent letter.

Our staff of highly trained professionals from LGU (Liberal Gungrabber Unicorniversity) have determined that your letter is offensive and borders on threatening.

The Captain Crunch and Padded Room teams will be by shortly to pick up both you and your firearms.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PS: Please resist. So we can shoot you down and destroy the firearms you spent a lifetime collecting.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I know. I'm not expecting them to really change their actions/opinions at all.
    But as mentioned above, the only peaceable means remaining are writing letters and emails and phone calls.
    Better than whining amongst ourselves on a forum and doing nothing? :shrug:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I know. I'm not expecting them to really change their actions/opinions at all.
    But as mentioned above, the only peaceable means remaining are writing letters and emails and phone calls.
    Better than whining amongst ourselves on a forum and doing nothing? :shrug:

For the record, I like your letter.

I'm hoping more than a handful of people take the time to write Hogan and make their concerns known.

Writing the MGA critters directly, in my opinion, won't do a damn thing. If they cared about the ramifications of such a poorly worded bill, they wouldn't have written that way.

The bill is designed to instill fear and dread in gun owners. Plain and simple.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    So, when the tyrants show up at your door & demand your guns, I guess it's either you or your guns that's getting removed. Cuz if you won't open the safe or they can't find them, they ain't leaving empty handed.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So, when the tyrants show up at your door & demand your guns, I guess it's either you or your guns that's getting removed. Cuz if you won't open the safe or they can't find them, they ain't leaving empty handed.

The tyrants won't show up at your door. They don't get their hands dirty, and it might not be pretty. They'll send LEO's, who are just doing their job.

If and when it doesn't work out as (ostensibly) intended, the tyrants will pass even more draconian laws that the LEO's, not they, will be obligated to enforce.

The tyrants won't show up at your door. They don't get their hands dirty, and it might not be pretty. They'll send LEO's, who are just doing their job.

If and when it doesn't work out as (ostensibly) intended, the tyrants will pass even more draconian laws that the LEO's, not they, will be obligated to enforce.

In my view as as a former LEO anyone who comes to infringe on my 2A rights is no longer law enforcement. ..they have become enemy combatants...

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013

The nazis were just doing their job too

I guess if they write laws that say gun owners must be taken to re education camps, the cops will be "just doing their jobs"

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Here is my letter. Feel free to copy, steal, paste, etc.

Senator Dickweed,

A good friend of my families in my home state of New Jersey had a vindictive ex-girlfriend who lied to the cops about a threat he never made, towards her. His entire firearms collection was seized and almost a year later, even after she admitted she lied to the police, he had not had his property returned. It took him another six months, a lawyer and 10k dollars to receive his property back. Given the past history of firearms laws in Maryland, I hold no hope that things would be different here.

I know the law says that there would be punishment for wrongful claims, and maybe there would. But, that is little consolation to the person who has been slandered and had their property confiscated. I noticed there was no compensation clause in the law that would make a person found guilty of making a false claim, to be held liable for financial reimbursement for the legal bills that would be accumulated due to their lies? So, what real consequences may the person, who falsely accused someone, actually face if it is found out that they lied?

In closing, as a law abiding gun owner, I am sick and tired of being punished and having my rights infringed upon based on the actions of criminals. Especially when in Maryland, criminals are rarely punished for crimes committed with illegally obtained firearms. A Federal Law Enforcement agency, a State Law Enforcement agency and multiple state welfare agencies all failed at their job, and I am supposed to pay the price? That, sir, is unacceptable to me. I am completely disgusted with the people who have, so far, voted for this bill. Rest assured, I will let everyone I know exactly who it was that betrayed them and we will be pulling all support from their future campaigns.

Thank you,

Inkd

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The nazis were just doing their job too

I guess if they write laws that say gun owners must be taken to re education camps, the cops will be "just doing their jobs"

Today's Dems are even more subtle and cunning than the Nazis were. Or than Mao, Castro, or Maduro for that matter.

The Dems disarmingly say, "I support the Second Amendment, but...", then prove that they don't by proposing nonsensical and unreasonable "common sense gun laws..." and "reasonable restrictions..." so as to not cause undue alarm. Mike Miller even touts, "I have more guns than you do" (which could be taken in more ways than one).

As soon as a tragedy like Parkland strikes, they cobble together over-broad, knee-jerk reactions and at the same time pull out all their pre-prepared, draconian restrictions that are waiting and at the ready to exploit people's fears, emotions, and vulnerabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom