• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Here's a question I haven't seen covered yet.

Does a temporary order remain in the court system permanently?

Would that temporary order be found if a case search was done on a person years down the road?

If the answer is yes, it should be addressed before this POS bill becomes law.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    E-mail PSA: E-mails to Senators are being kicked back as undeliverable.

In-box is full. Please try again at a later date. Or contact the Senator directly.

Does this mean we're blowing up the system?

PS: I'm sick and f**king tired of doing this bullshyt every year. I think that's one of their goals too. Have us just give up. Capitulate!

Keep hammering them, you sound like you want to play a different game by different rules. Perhaps a game of our choosing?

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    Warning: Do not have anything in your mouth when reading this........you will spew......

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Kipke, Nicholaus Delegate

<Nicholaus.Kipke@house.state.md.us> wrote:

"Mack",

I am solidly pro-Second Amendment and enjoy an A+ rating from the NRA.* I have voted against all anti Second Amendments bills since I was elected.* By the way, just so you know I do not represent Severn that district 33.* You can look up who represents you by entering your address here:*mdelect.net**(I moved BTW)

There is a lot of misinformation out there about the bills we recently passed in the House of Delegates that relate to guns.* Here's a quick analysis:

*RFggdgg Dr gg

HB1302 which is referred to as the "Red Flag" law and I did vote for it.* But there are some issues with that bill that we are trying to get fixed in the senate and if not fixed I plan to vote against it on final passage.*

However, let me clarify what the bill does and does not do as it is currently written:

·*******Police cannot search your home.* That would still require a search warrant issued by a judge in the same manner as current law.

·*******The court can issue a TEMPORARY order if the preponderance of evidence shows that an individual poses an imminent and present danger of causing personal harm to others or one's self.

·*******If issued law enforcement will serve the individual with notice and at that time the individual is required to surrender firearms or be arrested.

·*******Then the court has to within 7 days have the individual face a judge to argue their case.*

·*******People who lie about your behavior would be violating the law are subject to being sued civilly.

·*******If an order expires or the court finds the order should be overturned guns are required to be immediately returned.

I can go on and on about the protections in the bill.* For years we've been arguing that laws need to focus on the person doing bad things with guns not on banning guns like the AR15.* This law will allow a process to stop deranged or mentally ill people from carrying out mass shootings because as we've learned there are often "red flags" reported but law enforcement has no ability to do anything until a crime is actually committed.* There are however details about this bill as written that we need to improve and I can elaborate about that if you'd like.* If those concerns are not addressed I am likely to vote against the bill on final passage.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Del. Nic Kipke

410-841-3421

So, we vote FOR a self admitted bad bill and try to "fix" it in the Senate. YEAH, RIGHT!!

Immediately returned???

"Protections" in the bill????

What bill is he looking at?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Voted against every anti bill but voted for this???
    Talking out both sides of his mouth in my book.

Tar, feathers, MGA... Some assembly required.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I talked to Rep. Susan Krebs for 30 minutes about this and other things after work. The Rs are between a rock and a hard place. Pure politics. Her assertion is HB1302 is 95% good. But, I pressed her on the petition to the court. She made clear that the filer has more to do than just complain. Hb888 was more politics of do something that dems can use against Hogan and the Rs.

She told me that she doesn't consider the bumpstock bill "gun control". She actually thinks they make the firearm a machine gun. I corrected her & said not to listen to the democrats anymore. Still, I'm not going to vote for her (I didn't originally either).

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So if someone says something they may or may not get arrested, a judge give his approval for you guns to be taken and we are to believe he won’t order a search warrant at that time and you don’t get to go before a judge for your due process for up to a week, sounds great, not

I like the line in the bill that reads: Guns will be placed in cases, IF AVAILABLE, during transport.

That means they'll throw your valuable collection in the trunk, unprotected, without batting an eye.

I don't even want to imagine such a scenario.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    She told me that she doesn't consider the bumpstock bill "gun control". She actually thinks they make the firearm a machine gun. I corrected her & said not to listen to the democrats anymore. Still, I'm not going to vote for her (I didn't originally either).

Lmao **** these people! **** them! I hope they're reading this because I've already decided not to vote for you but I'm seriously considering voting for the enemy to burn this entire thing down.

Honest to ******* god you're worse than the opposition. Ignorant and pathetic stooges.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Don't forget the fax machines if the emails are full. There are many online free fax services that will fax your PDF to them for free.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

I don’t believe anyone is so fvcking dumb that they believe putting a piece of plastic on the outside of a firearm makes it a machine gun.

And if someone is far enough up the food chain that they are making laws they should try and do some research before voting

And she’s voting to ban something firearms related and doesn’t think it’s gun control

How stupid are people?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I don’t believe anyone is so fvcking dumb that they believe putting a piece of plastic on the outside of a firearm makes it a machine gun.

And if someone is far enough up the food chain that they are making laws they should try and do some research before voting

And she’s voting to ban something firearms related and doesn’t think it’s gun control

How stupid are people?

Two possibilities and both bad:

They're utterly retarded
    They think you're utterly retarded and will believe them

I seriously hope there's no one here who's going to defend this BS.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Warning: Do not have anything in your mouth when reading this........you will spew......

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Kipke, Nicholaus Delegate

<Nicholaus.Kipke@house.state.md.us> wrote:

"Mack",

I am solidly pro-Second Amendment and enjoy an A+ rating from the NRA.* I have voted against all anti Second Amendments bills since I was elected.* By the way, just so you know I do not represent Severn that district 33.* You can look up who represents you by entering your address here:*mdelect.net**(I moved BTW)

There is a lot of misinformation out there about the bills we recently passed in the House of Delegates that relate to guns.* Here's a quick analysis:

*RFggdgg Dr gg

HB1302 which is referred to as the "Red Flag" law and I did vote for it.* But there are some issues with that bill that we are trying to get fixed in the senate and if not fixed I plan to vote against it on final passage.*

He already voted for it on final passage in the House 3rd reader. If the Senate passes this bill without any amendments, it goes straight to the Governor.

However, let me clarify what the bill does and does not do as it is currently written:

·*******Police cannot search your home.* That would still require a search warrant issued by a judge in the same manner as current law.

·*******The court can issue a TEMPORARY order if the preponderance of evidence shows that an individual poses an imminent and present danger of causing personal harm to others or one's self.

·*******If issued law enforcement will serve the individual with notice and at that time the individual is required to surrender firearms or be arrested.

·*******Then the court has to within 7 days have the individual face a judge to argue their case.*

·*******People who lie about your behavior would be violating the law are subject to being sued civilly.

·*******If an order expires or the court finds the order should be overturned guns are required to be immediately returned.

I can go on and on about the protections in the bill.* For years we've been arguing that laws need to focus on the person doing bad things with guns not on banning guns like the AR15.* This law will allow a process to stop deranged or mentally ill people from carrying out mass shootings because as we've learned there are often "red flags" reported but law enforcement has no ability to do anything until a crime is actually committed.* There are however details about this bill as written that we need to improve and I can elaborate about that if you'd like.* If those concerns are not addressed I am likely to vote against the bill on final passage.

Again, he has already voted on the final passage of the bill out of the House, there is no other vote by the House unless the Senate makes substantitive changes.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Del. Nic Kipke

410-841-3421

So, we vote FOR a self admitted bad bill and try to "fix" it in the Senate. YEAH, RIGHT!!

Immediately returned???

"Protections" in the bill????

What bill is he looking at?

I smell smoke and my ass is warm.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    All these pathetic BS excuses, I still say they're all giving cover to Hogan because hes anti 2A or deep down inside they're anti 2 A themselves or is it he doesn't want to go against it because the D's will use it against him because he's worrying about getting his ass reelected. Either way it's all total BS. How can anyone defend this behavior by these people who are supposed to be pro 2A.......oh I know it's just politicts, give me a freaking break. Does anyone stand on principles anymore?????

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    All these pathetic BS excuses, I still say they're all giving cover to Hogan because hes anti 2A or deep down inside they're anti 2 A themselves or is it he doesn't want to go against it because the D's will use it against him because he's worrying about getting his ass reelected. Either way it's all total BS. How can anyone defend this behavior by these people who are supposed to be pro 2A.......oh I know it's just politicts, give me a freaking break. Does anyone stand on principles anymore?????

Principles, shyte, I get gutted every time I say I vote my principles on here.

And those mfers in the mag don’t have souls much less principles. They would vote to take everything we have to get one step up the political ladder.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Deep down inside they're anti-2A themselves.

All of us now know what we're really up against.

And what are these principles you speak of?

DNC,WR

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yep, dem or rep they want control and you can’t control an armed population so ........

These politicians are just pandering to the kids who will be voting in a year or two.

Doesn't matter if it's Styrofoam Food Containers or Wholesale Gun Grabbing.

We're a dying breed and no longer a valuable constituency. Sucks to be us.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    He already voted for it on final passage in the House 3rd reader. If the Senate passes this bill without any amendments, it goes straight to the Governor.

Again, he has already voted on the final passage of the bill out of the House, there is no other vote by the House unless the Senate makes substantitive changes.

I smell smoke and my ass is warm.
    I smell smoke and it's coming put of my ears from the stripped gears in my brain.

When will these people learn, some of us actually paid attention in Civics class.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    This is why that it is crucial that so CRUCIAL TO ENGAGE the MD Senators—crossing the street as they do tonight between 6:15pm to 7:15pm, or reaching out to them by phone, or in writing.

Tell them the “Any Interested Person” threat-reporting clause in the language is an invitation for people with grudges to see your firearms stripped from you on bogus charges.

I think the best way to protest would be to not show up at all. Then the repub antis know they have lost support.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    If these people like Kipke, Rey,Szlegia and others are so proud of their support of and of their NRA A+ratings why would they go against what the NRA is stating?

As of March 16th 2018 from the NRA -ILA state page (link below)

"Currently pending action in the Senate is House Bill 1302 and Senate Bill 707. Please contact your state Senator and strongly urge them to OPPOSE HB 1302 and SB 707.

House Bill 1302 would create an “Extreme Risk Prevention Order” that would allow almost anyone to petition the court for an ex parte order to remove someone’s Second Amendment rights if they consider the individual to be a danger to themselves or others simply because the individual possesses a firearm. This legislation lacks basic due process protections and is ripe for abuse.

Senate Bill 707 makes it a crime to knowingly possess a “rapid fire trigger activator” or a device that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm. The broad and overreaching provisions in this legislation could potentially criminalize firearm modifications such as competition triggers, and ergonomic changes that are commonly done by law-abiding gun owners to make their firearms more suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, or even overcoming disability.

Again, please contact your state Senator and strongly urge them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 707 and House Bill 1302."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180316/maryland-multiple-gun-control-bills-on-the-move

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom