• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Also, on the HB52 fan page on Facebook is running silent as well...

Jhason

I would like to know myself.....can only suspect that this is the case, since the sudden lack of comments and or updates on the topic. If needed, I will certainly call and email whomever needs to be targeted, however, without insight as to where we stand, I have no direction. My fingers are permanently crossed.

terppilot

Mar 19, 2010
    I sent off an email to Andi Morony in Smigiels office....I will post her response if and when I get one.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just got this in email from Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio:

Dear Constituent,

Thank you for contacting me regarding firearms legislation and 2nd Amendment issues pending before the Maryland General Assembly this year. Below you will find a synopsis of some of these bill as well as my position on each of them. I appreciate you taking the time to write regarding this important issue and continue my commitment to upholding the 2nd Amendment.

Sincerely,

Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio

House Bill 52 - Reciprical Licenses

House Bill 52 would specify that a license to carry a regulated firearm issued by the State of Delaware, Pennsylvania or Virginia to an individual (including a concealed regulated firearm), is valid in Maryland. Despite the fact that the bill was heard in early January, the House Judiciary Committee will not bring it up for a vote. With that in mind, there is an effort to petition the bill to the floor for a vote. The petition requires 47 signatures to be valid. Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio supports HB52 and signed onto the petition.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I just now spoke again with Smigiel's Chief of Staff Andi Morony and she said targeting eastern shore Dems with emails would be great as "we are running out of time."

The names she gave are: Mathias, Rudolph, Cane, Delany James and Conway (I 'm not sure of the spellings but they'll be in the quick email tool).

She believes all Republicans have signed the petition.

terppilot

Mar 19, 2010
    Your not,....ezliving,......at the discretion of the rules committee, the bill can still be presented to other side, in this case the Senate...if it has enough support..ie 47 signatures for the floor petition. I encourage everyone to continue their calls and emails...directed to dem delegates...and specifically those metioned by Smigiels Chief of Staff...see post 145 of this thread.....

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Even if HB52 doesn't get cross filed, getting a floor vote on it would be very informative in seeing the other sides hand.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I got lots of "love the 2A and support it!" from Dems, but all my queries on whether they have signed the floor petition have gone unanswered.

That means they answered in their own passive-aggressive way.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I got lots of "love the 2A and support it!" from Dems, but all my queries on whether they have signed the floor petition have gone unanswered.

That means they answered in their own passive-aggressive way.

I'll continue hammering them until we know the final outcome.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    I just received this email:
    Dear Mr. Cook:

I have signed the petition and I support this bill. You need to address your concerns to my Chairman – Joseph Vallario.

Susan McComas – District 35 B

Looks like Vallario is holding it up!!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Jack, yes Vallario is holding it up. The petition is to bring it to the floor without him giving it a vote.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    AGC just sent an email with the following update:

I have just been advised by Delegate Mike Smigiel's Chief of Staff, Andi Morony that HB 52 Handgun Permit Reciprocity will be voted on in committee today.

Delegate Smigiel is asking for a final massive push to get HB 52 out of committee and to the full House of Delegates for a floor vote.

Please use the email system to email the entire House of Delegates with emails supporting a favorable vote on HB 52.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Just now received from AGC

I have just been advised by Delegate Mike Smigiel's Chief of Staff, Andi Morony that HB 52 Handgun Permit Reciprocity will be voted on in committee today.

Delegate Smigiel is asking for a final massive push to get HB 52 out of committee and to the full House of Delegates for a floor vote.

Please us the email system to email the entire House of Delegates with emails supporting a favorable vote on HB 52. Click here for email.

Calls are needed to the members of the House Judiciary. Click here.

Thank you for your support!

John H. Josselyn
    AGC Legislative Vice President

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom