• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So, they adjourned today without further discussion on HB4. I'll check the agenda for tomorrow when it's up and let everyone know.

Please do. I am testifying in opposition to the SB208 companion bill and I have some good points that slice some quotes from the Beary into pieces.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Please do. I am testifying in opposition to the SB208 companion bill and I have some good points that slice some quotes from the Beary into pieces.

I like it! Slice and dice my friend. It will take every once of energy I have not to unload on her next week during hearings. And even then, I may not have that kind of restraint. She is a queen B and is the worst kind of person, let alone politician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I like it! Slice and dice my friend. It will take every once of energy I have not to unload on her next week during hearings. And even then, I may not have that kind of restraint. She is a queen B and is the worst kind of person, let alone politician.

The sponsor of the SB208 bill at the Senate Judicial Proceedings committee hearing on 2/5 next week is Sen. Lee. She is actually one of the senators that spoke frequently with us last year. While she is introducing a crap bill, I would not compare her to a Del. Atterbeary. In fact, I have quite a bit of respect for Sen. Lee. She stood outside one time in the cold with inadequate clothing for temperatures and talked with us for over 20 minutes. I have respect for Del. Clippinger among others for similar reasons.

When you run into a rigid ideologue like Del Atterbeary, it's difficult to develop any such respect, since they don't offer any appearance of caring about your point of view. You'll have your turn with her on some of the other gems going through Judiciary. Good luck!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If you watch today's House floor HB4 floor debate, you'll see exactly what a rigid ideologue does. Del. Atterbeary stuck to her guns until the bitter end. In the face of well-reasoned arguments, she completely ignored them. She discredited them. Her information was right - theirs was wrong. She was going down in flames, only to be saved from herself (again) by Del. Clippinger. This one isn't over by any stretch of the imagination. HB4 is a target rich environment. They know it. And now, they know we got game. They'll probably need to use procedural maneuvers to get this one through, and that comes with a price.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    If you watch today's House floor HB4 floor debate, you'll see exactly what a rigid ideologue does. Del. Atterbeary stuck to her guns until the bitter end. In the face of well-reasoned arguments, she completely ignored them. She discredited them. Her information was right - theirs was wrong. She was going down in flames, only to be saved from herself (again) by Del. Clippinger. This one isn't over by any stretch of the imagination. HB4 is a target rich environment. They know it. And now, they know we got game. They'll probably need to use procedural maneuvers to get this one through, and that comes with a price.

i am not letting this one go without a fight.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wish I could believe they are at all swayed by well-reasoned arguments. Even the most superficially knowledgeable person knows this bill will do nothing to reduce crime and only serves to harass law-abiding gun owners.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I wish I could believe they are at all swayed by well-reasoned arguments. Even the most superficially knowledgeable person knows this bill will do nothing to reduce crime and only serves to harass law-abiding gun owners.

It was a constructive amendment. It didn't hurt the intent of the bill one bit. What it did was insult the ego of our rigid ideologue, Del. Atterbeary. I think it was geared more towards her personality than it was to the bill itself. It was masterful. It showed everyone with eyes and ears exactly what the motivations are of this bill: to hurt gun owners as much as possible.

If you get some time, I recommend watching the show.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It was a constructive amendment. It didn't hurt the intent of the bill one bit. What it did was insult the ego of our rigid ideologue, Del. Atterbeary. I think it was geared more towards her personality than it was to the bill itself. It was masterful. It showed everyone with eyes and ears exactly what the motivations are of this bill: to hurt gun owners as much as possible.

If you get some time, I recommend watching the show.

I will make it a point to watch. Thanks for being there.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I would like to hear their input for federal people in the state. I have long guns that are on my provost marshal’s firearm permit for utilizing on government facilities here in the state. These firearms are also on other people’s permits for the same purpose (the permit does not dictate ownership, it permits having the firearm on premises). A background check is done when a firearm is added or a permit renewed. But a background check is not done every time a firearm is carried. Are they stating this federal policy in place is in violation of their proposed law? Are they going to force federal workers to background check every time for these?

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    I would like to hear their input for federal people in the state. I have long guns that are on my provost marshal’s firearm permit for utilizing on government facilities here in the state. These firearms are also on other people’s permits for the same purpose (the permit does not dictate ownership, it permits having the firearm on premises). A background check is done when a firearm is added or a permit renewed. But a background check is not done every time a firearm is carried. Are they stating this federal policy in place is in violation of their proposed law? Are they going to force federal workers to background check every time for these?

Write to them about things like this. Everything like this helps sow just a little bit more doubt into the bill.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    the amendment is a little puzzling... something about not needing to deliver the rifle in person. very strange. I need to see third reader.

The issue was debated on the floor yesterday due to an amendment offered by Del. Mautz. His amendment attempted to fix an issue where some people might not actually be able to meet at the licensee (FFL/dealer) while the transferee undergoes the background check. Example given was a disabled person.It eventually stopped the debate.

He withdrew his amendment this morning when they came back with a fix.

This won't be the last fix.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The issue was debated on the floor yesterday due to an amendment offered by Del. Mautz. His amendment attempted to fix an issue where some people might not actually be able to meet at the licensee (FFL/dealer) while the transferee undergoes the background check. Example given was a disabled person.It eventually stopped the debate.

He withdrew his amendment this morning when they came back with a fix.

This won't be the last fix.

yeah, thats the ticket. A disability. A firearms disability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom