• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I am torn between two revolvers......have found decent prices on a Dan Wesson .357 Mag with a 6" barrel and a simple old Colt Official Police .38 Special with a 4" barrel.

Don't really want a semi auto.....I'm terribly old school. Saw these and the prices are right. Getting a little bit of a severance package from my job in a couple weeks and my wife said I can choose between either....but only ONE :)

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    BOTH hinges on one thing....I have interviewed for a higher paying job.....if I get the job, I get to keep more of my severance....hence, TWO revolvers. If I don't get the job and have to live on the severence, I think I have the wife convinced to let me get the cheaper of the two. Either way, it's a win-win gunwise.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Running Head Count:
    Confirmed in BOLD

-fivepointstar=4
    -august1410=3
    -pauln=1 (RSO)
    -sje0123=1
    -sinzitu=1
    -gregcoind2000=2 (cases of water)
    -futureseabee4usn=2
    -tzoid=1 (2 target stands)
    -donliv (nejer9)=3 (food)
    -3rdRcn=1 (RSO)
    -el_Flasko=2
    -alucard0822=1
    -mcsurgeon=3
    -lostfantum=2 (+ 2 maybe, apples oranges target stand)
    -roberte33=2 (maybe 4 more)
    -gus=1
    -tdt91=2
    -mike511=2
    -sthomas22=4
    -buldozer=1 (food burgers, cheeze dogs)
    -Adam= 1
    -jimmy1111= 2
    -iriden=1

-foxtrapper=1
    -gunconnection=1
    -pedals730=1
    -kohburn= 1
    -jackson923= 1
    -honestfool03

Date: 08/29/09
    #: 44

maybe: 14

Last edited:

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Dicks had plenty of ammo yesterday. they had several bricks of Remington Thunderbolt and Golds. make a pit stop b4 it all gone. I might be able to sell you some MN ammo

I stopped in there and I have never seen them with such a big ammo inventory. 22, 9, 40, 45, everything seemed to be on the shelves.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Hazzard Fall Shoot is just about a month away and its time to get some things in order. Things we need:

1. TARGET STANDS!!!- definitely need a bunch of stands. we will need alot for the pistol range and rifle range. the spring shoot we were able to donate about 10 of them to the range so if several shooters can build them that would be great

2. Soda and Water-

3. snacks and desserts- Chips and stuff, FPS will bring a cake

4. Door prizes- if a few people can bring door prizes, asking donations from local businesses. el Flasko did a great job last year and Gun Connection gave some shirts and great Gift Certificates.

5. donliv and buldozer are taking care of the main food items-pit beef, dogs and burgers (guys do we need utensil and plates or are there left overs if you cna post what we need)

What to bring:

1. This is a FAMILY SHOOT. I encourage you to bring your spouse/gf or b/f (don't recommend you bring your spouse and g/f at hte same time, that might cause an issue:innocent0) and bring your kids of shooting age. There will be several NRA Certified Instructors willing to give shooting advice.

$10 donation covers your immediate family to shoot from 11a-4p and all the food they can eat like the Spring shoot. If you went ot an indoor range, you'd pay htat hte first 1/2 of your lane fees.

The range will be closed to hte general public range memberhip and only for MDS members, those not on the list will be turned away and ridiculed ("now go away or I will taunt you a second time"- Monty Python line done in a silly French accent

2. eye and ear protection for all attending. please bring target and target stands too

3. guns and ammo if you firearms. No .50 cals + (Iriden you can bring your Mini Cooper again :innocent0)

4. If you are interested in the Woods Walk, .22 cal only please. Those not familiar with the Woods Walk, its like Putt Putt with .22s.

5. Common Sense-there will be a Safety Briefing at 1100 hrs. All attendees required to be there please.

6. If there is something you are loooking to buy or shoot I encourage you to post it so you can try out hte firearm and see if its to your liking. I'm sure someone has it and willing to bring it

7. Dress appropriately for the weather. I'm hoping its not too cold in the AM.

OK, if I forgot something just post it here. No need to PM, if you have Q's I'm sure someone else has the same Q?

Thanks in advance....FPS

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Really looking forward to it.....made the handgun choice. Should have a Sccy 9mm. Stopped in to register for Dan's drawing and got my hands on one yesterday. Waiting for a check to clear in the bakn, then I am off to GC to make the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom