• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I would love to make this meet and greet. It would be great to see some of you guys again. I will have to check with the wife to make sure she hasn't volunteered me for anything. Should know something tomorrow. Hope to see you there!!!

haven't seen you for a bit Ken!! hope you can make it

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    haven't seen you for a bit Ken!! hope you can make it

Me too dude. It was great seeing you guys out at Delta, then meeting more folks at Famous Dave's. I have been busy as heck with work and home. Life with 4 daughters is a lot of things, but boring is never one of them. My oldest, 20, called me to tell me her car wouldn't move after it snowed. I knew I shoveled her out, so I asked her if she was giving it any gas. She said she was. She called me from the car so I could hear her, I told her to give it a little more, and what do you know, it moved!!!!! I often call all of my girls my little blondes, sometimes they prove dad right.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I don't think blonde is the word for that. :lol2:
    Bring the girls with you, we have to meet them. :lol2:

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I don't think blonde is the word for that. :lol2:
    Bring the girls with you, we have to meet them. :lol2:
    looks like i'm in!!!! may be a few minutes late but i should be there.

the wife is deathly afraid of guns, i'm working on her but it is an uphill battle. my oldest(20) isn't interested in anything but work, shopping, and boys. the first two i can deal with, the third is another reason i own guns!:lol2: the other three(11, 7, 3) are way too young(careless and carefree-don't have the attention span needed to handle firearms) for me to introduce them to shooting yet. they are aware of my gun ownership but for right now i think it's better to let them grow a little more and come to it naturally(hint me constantly asking them to go to the range:party29:)

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    looks like i'm in!!!! may be a few minutes late but i should be there.

the wife is deathly afraid of guns, i'm working on her but it is an uphill battle. my oldest(20) isn't interested in anything but work, shopping, and boys. the first two i can deal with, the third is another reason i own guns!:lol2: the other three(11, 7, 3) are way too young(careless and carefree-don't have the attention span needed to handle firearms) for me to introduce them to shooting yet. they are aware of my gun ownership but for right now i think it's better to let them grow a little more and come to it naturally(hint me constantly asking them to go to the range:party29:)

Join slcfsa, its the best range around.

Do what I did, just take the wife to the range with a .22lr w/ scope and let her make one hole at 25 yards. Then move out to 50 and let her see how fun and good she can shoot. Keep telling her how good she is and that she can shoot better than you.
    For the daughter that likes boy's. Help her find one that likes guns and go about it that way.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Join slcfsa, its the best range around.

Do what I did, just take the wife to the range with a .22lr w/ scope and let her make one hole at 25 yards. Then move out to 50 and let her see how fun and good she can shoot. Keep telling her how good she is and that she can shoot better than you.
    For the daughter that likes boy's. Help her find one that likes guns and go about it that way.

she's been to the range a few times but never makes it past the observation window. the other shooters and their noise scares her. i would need a totally empty range to make your idea work, trust me i have tried. she has a hard time getting past "the loud bangs", she jumps too much and simply wouldn't be able to concentrate or enjoy it.

as for the boy problem, i find that cleaning my gun when they come over and telling them about my two tours in iraq seems to work wonders. the last one i scared so bad, i haven't seen him since. i got to tell you that story one day, you will laugh your buttocks OFF!!!!!!!

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    she's been to the range a few times but never makes it past the observation window. the other shooters and their noise scares her. i would need a totally empty range to make your idea work, trust me i have tried. she has a hard time getting past "the loud bangs", she jumps too much and simply wouldn't be able to concentrate or enjoy it.

as for the boy problem, i find that cleaning my gun when they come over and telling them about my two tours in iraq seems to work wonders. the last one i scared so bad, i haven't seen him since. i got to tell you that story one day, you will laugh your buttocks OFF!!!!!!!

You will be able to have a range to yourself with no prob up at slcfsa.
    Nearly every time we get a range to ourselves.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    UPDATE 02/03/11

FPS
    tdt91 + better half
    jaredm1
    montoya
    tzoid
    M-D Baseball
    tstras
    iriden
    elFlasko
    JSW
    05dodge
    Bartman +1
    kimsmell +1
    km04
    mrfreeze
    vindicator +1
    FNG Andrew

Total =21

Last edited:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I just got off the phone with the Lodge and were are GTG

at first she sounded like it maybe an issue but when i told her it was on a TUESDAY she voice changed.

LMK by MON as I will follow up with final count

FPS

Hart-Attack

Nov 20, 2008
    Fallston, MD
    I would like to come out and grab some dinner...is anyone heading over to horst beforehand? i've heard some good things about the lodge from my buddy...i won't go into too much detail, suffice it to say that the side of his suburban needed to be washed due to the excessive quantities of orange crushes he consumed

CallMeIshmael

New Shooter
    Dec 25, 2010
    HoCo
    if you guys plan to be there past 8 something than I would like to be counted in. it's about an hour and a half drive to bel air

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom