• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    The tool keeps telling me...

"Some of the words or/and HTML tags used in the message or/and subject are not allowed. Please review your content!"

My text looks clean to me.
    Any suggestions?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I know that there is a filter to avoid sending some inappropriate words, not sure what all the words are??
    Why don't you post your message here, maybe something will jump out.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    It has come to my attention the Governor of our state is preparing to present some draconian anti Second Amendment legislation. One part of his proposed legislation would ban commonly held semi-automatic rifles. This is just baffling to me as the vast majority of gun crimes in our state are committed by criminals with hand guns. The national “assault weapon” ban in 1994 did nothing to stop the sad events at Columbine and it did nothing to stem the violence in this state. The only thing this bill would do is exploit the deaths of innocent children to further the Governor’s political agenda/aspirations and harm law abiding citizens. Even more egregious violations of the Second Amendment are the provisions for being finger printed like criminals and having to obtain a state permit to purchase a firearm. This is most the obscene and objectionable requirement I have heard to date. I am also dismayed at the suggestion of allowing law enforcement broader ability for firearms confiscation. This then becomes a de-facto confiscation through registration ability. I can assure you that if any of my representatives voted for a bill like this I will remember come election time and remind everybody how their rights were trampled upon. We are Marylanders (The Free State) and we should support states rights, but we are Americans first. We have a national Constitution and a Bill of Rights that I once pledged to support and defend with my life. History is replete with examples of governments disarming the population with devastating outcomes; Stalin in Russia, and Hitler in Germany. Most don’t even give this a second thought here in our wonderful country and those that do feel secure knowing that we have the right (at least at this moment) to defend ourselves from tyranny of government – the exact purpose for our Second Amendment. The right to self defense is a natural corollary and we should retain the liberty to choose what would best defend ourselves and our families. We must not allow the actions of criminals, no matter how terrible, to prompt us to strip or infringe upon our rights and liberties as law abiding citizens.

I urge you not to vote for these measures. Please, for the love of our country and our state, support and defend the Constitution, the Second Amendment, and the liberties of free and law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time and service,

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't know, it looks good to me. Maybe it's a glitch in the system, hopefully due to overuse.
    Did you enter something in the subject line? I forgot to do that in one of mine but I don't remember what the error message was.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Just tried it again twice...no dice.

ItsGarand -

I changed the link because the old one didn't include the current members of the House Judiciary Committee. Please let me know if you are successful and I will change the HB107 post. Or, if they change the kconline tool, I will switch the link back.

Your email rules. And by the way - thanks for getting involved!

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Still no dice....I can't get the AGC tool to send this mail out. Still get the same error. Would be nice if the thing told you what the offending text is.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    It has come to my attention the Governor of our state is preparing to present some draconian anti Second Amendment legislation. One part of his proposed legislation would ban commonly held semi-automatic rifles. This is just baffling to me as the vast majority of gun crimes in our state are committed by criminals with hand guns. The national “assault weapon” ban in 1994 did nothing to stop the sad events at Columbine and it did nothing to stem the violence in this state. The only thing this bill would do is exploit the deaths of innocent children to further the Governor’s political agenda/aspirations and harm law abiding citizens. Even more egregious violations of the Second Amendment are the provisions for being finger printed like criminals and having to obtain a state permit to purchase a firearm. This is most the obscene and objectionable requirement I have heard to date. I am also dismayed at the suggestion of allowing law enforcement broader ability for firearms confiscation. This then becomes a de-facto confiscation through registration ability. I can assure you that if any of my representatives voted for a bill like this I will remember come election time and remind everybody how their rights were trampled upon. We are Marylanders (The Free State) and we should support states rights, but we are Americans first. We have a national Constitution and a Bill of Rights that I once pledged to support and defend with my life. History is replete with examples of governments disarming the population with devastating outcomes; Stalin in Russia, and Hitler in Germany. Most don’t even give this a second thought here in our wonderful country and those that do feel secure knowing that we have the right (at least at this moment) to defend ourselves from tyranny of government – the exact purpose for our Second Amendment. The right to self defense is a natural corollary and we should retain the liberty to choose what would best defend ourselves and our families. We must not allow the actions of criminals, no matter how terrible, to prompt us to strip or infringe upon our rights and liberties as law abiding citizens.

I urge you not to vote for these measures. Please, for the love of our country and our state, support and defend the Constitution, the Second Amendment, and the liberties of free and law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your time and service,

Nice. Just remember, paragraphs are your friend. :D

settleitinthering

1/4 in 22.2
    Jul 1, 2012
    Woodbine
    Yes, please break it up!

Perhaps the filter hangs up on "state's rights". The term is associated with slavery and segregation.

Perhaps there are other loaded terms, I don't know.

I could not read what you wrote because it presents a big, black "blob" of unbroken "wall of text".

Double space and break it up into short paragraphs, or 95% will glance at it and move on, just like I did.

Give him a break. He may be an older gentleman who may not be very familiar with computers, or typing for that matter. He has something to say to our representatives, just read and don't criticize.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Got my answer....

First person to reference Stalin of Hitler looses.
    So, there is a dirty word filter in place. Would be nice to know what that list is.

So, time to clean it up and resend.

Yes, I know about paragraphs, blah, blah, blah. And no I'm not that old - although I feel like it some times.

So, if you don't want to read the "wall of text" from a cut and paste, feel free not to. I'm not here to impress English majors.

But seriously, thanks for the help folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom