• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    7005.jpg

Having a little issue with my sweetheart above. Seems the striker is having a little issue getting a good hit on the primer.

I go about 2 rounds before i get a fail to fire, i pull back the hammer again and let if fly and it works everytime. Anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to help the situation?

Things i've done:
    Shot it with and with out the suppressor
    cleaned it top to bottom literally spotless
    sub sonic, match grade and normal rounds
    new mags

still doing it.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    7005.jpg

Having a little issue with my sweetheart above. Seems the striker is having a little issue getting a good hit on the primer.

I go about 2 rounds before i get a fail to fire, i pull back the hammer again and let if fly and it works everytime. Anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to help the situation?

Things i've done:
    Shot it with and with out the suppressor
    cleaned it top to bottom literally spotless
    sub sonic, match grade and normal rounds
    new mags

still doing it.

I'd post your problem on the RimfireCentral forum if I were you.
    There are some members there who are P22 "gurus" and know this pistol inside and out. :thumbsup:

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I had a click, click, click....no bang problem(previous post) on my P22.

I ended up sending back to S&W and they sent it back to me telling me everything is ok.

Never failed me since. Last night I tried subsonic hp for the first time and it ate it up.

Sorry, I got nothing.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    nope, literally tried all ammo the only bulk ammo was rem's

I have a snap cap of sorts its the blue ones on the right. I put that in there and it looks like it leaves a real nice clean hit on the rim. Not sure whats up...

IMGP7719.jpg

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    nope, literally tried all ammo the only bulk ammo was rem's

I have a snap cap of sorts its the blue ones on the right. I put that in there and it looks like it leaves a real nice clean hit on the rim. Not sure whats up...

IMGP7719.jpg

Off topic, but that manufacturer needs to change their packaging. .410 is not a gauge.

This has been a message from Shotgun Joe. We return to your regularly scheduled thread.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I had a High-Standard .22 semi auto pistol when I was a kid that I dry fired too much. Dinged the face of the receiver/chamber edge where it supported the shell casing rim to the point that it allowed the brass to deform without setting off the primer, resulting in regular FTFs. I doubt that's what you have going on here, but it's easy to eyeball...

Last edited:

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I had a High-Standard .22 semi auto pistol when I was a kid that I dry fired too much. Dinged the face of the receiver/chamber edge where it supported the shell casing rim to the point that it allowed the brass to deform without setting off the primer, resulting in regular FTFs. I doubt that's what you have gong on here, but it's easy to eyeball...

P22's will do that too. They have a firing pin stop but the slide components are made of very soft metal that allows things to deform, causing a ounched breach face.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    P22's will do that too. They have a firing pin stop but the slide components are made of very soft metal that allows things to deform, causing a ounched breach face.

IMO, the biggest problem with the slide components are the trigger ears.
    They're cut really rough and just eat away at the slide, which will eventually crack.
    I agree the slides could be made of a more durable alloy (or steel), but I'm thinking that Walther (S&W) could probably get away with this type of alloy if they just took a little more care in fitting and/or polishing the slide components.

One of the first things I did when I got my P22 was to file and polish the trigger ears.
    Just that alone has saved alot of wear and tear on my gun. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom